PDA

View Full Version : Bottom of breast bone pressure

RVP
25-01-13, 21:50
Basically, the bottom of my breastbone/upperstomach right in the centre of my torso feels tight, as if someone is pushing a finger there, it's been happening for the last 2/3 days and has gotten worse when I was eating dinner, I had to stop eating because I couldn't focus properly (Basically had a mini panic attack). It's not constant, but happens regularly.
If I exert fully it squeezes that area, don't really know how else to describe it really.

Arnie365
26-01-13, 05:19
Hi RVP sounds like indigestion.

I get the same pain. Quite a dull ache feeling?

Gaviscon helps ease mine though I take a fairly big glug and not the two spoons it tells you. Didn't do anything for me. Not sure this is a good idea long term though which is why I'm back at GP next week following a clear endoscopy yesterday. Spending about £25 per week on gaviscon at the moment!

RVP
26-01-13, 11:54
Thank you so much Arnie for your reply.

I told my mum about this and she said she gets it too, like there's a knot in your stomach.

I too drank Gaviscone, or Peptole (which i think is the same thing) but I had it diluted with water, and it didn't really help.

I might try drinking it straight as it is and see if that helps if it happens again.

Arnie365
26-01-13, 12:20
Yes don't dilute it. It creates a foam in your stomach which floats to the top to stop the acid getting out so diluting it might not make it work properly. You can have a glass of water before you take it though so it has something to react with.