PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and scared

jay28
26-01-13, 09:50
Sorry to post again just really worried and scared. Cannot get this lung cancer fear out of my head. Been smoking for 4months after packing up for 5 years stupid i know, i need to quit cus of how it is affecting my anxiety and for my health.

For the last few weeks i have been waking up in the middle of the night with a coughing fit and do cough alot in the morning, a couple of times i have seen a tiny bit of blood in phlegm after coughing bad, had to have a fbc repeated yesterday cus last one showed hb was 18.7. Had a cough and cold a few weeks back.

Is it possible to get lung cancer and have symptoms after 4 months of smoking, im 32 years old, im really sorry to keep going on.

andrea15
26-01-13, 21:42
---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

[/COLOR]Hi. Im worried about lungs too. Im 42 and smoked for 20 years on and off. Only symptom is rib pain. Had clear chest xray and bloods are fine. Doctors not at all concerned, say its muscular. Spoke to cancer research nurses and other gps on nhs direct, all say same thing, if drs aren't worried, I shouldn't be. Have you considered asking for a chest xray? I got mine at A and E. I went for chest pain and had ECG then told them I was worried about LC so they did xray. You are young to be concerned about LC and you haven't smoked for long so thats good. Im quitting but need to get over this bout of anxiety first. My HA is much worse because I smoke.

Regards

Andrea x

jay28
27-01-13, 09:54
Hey Andrea thanks so much for the reply, I can totally understand what your going through, you have had tests done and all came back fine so please try to use them as reassurance.

I have a phone consultation with my dr tomorrow for blood test results I had on Friday which was a fbc, I am really worried incase they have not gone back to normal. I do keep trying to tell myself that lc would not develop within 4 months and symptoms take years to develop! I do need to stop smoking and I will get help to do it.

andrea15
27-01-13, 10:39
I am trying but need constant reassurance. Last night I though I coughed up blood then realised Id taken a pill with a pinky' brown coating then coughed. Took another to recreate the effect at 3am when I woke panicking and, lo and behold, it looked like blood! Someone has put a good post on here about why you should stop seeking reassurance which is very good. My post on that thread details just how many people I've spoken to for reassurance and its pathetic!

Good luck with results. Let me know how it goes. Pm me if you like

Andrea xx