PDA

View Full Version : Help with burning skin sensation!

skoosh1
26-01-13, 15:00
Hi, first post here as need bit of help. Suffered from anxiety most of my life now (just turned 40) and about 14 years ago it was so bad I wasn't eating, convinced I had every disease going & could not get out bed for weeks. Prozac helped me then but been off all medication since. Now for the past 4 weeks I have had the burning skin sensations mostly in face & legs. At its worst I have had it all over & kept me up a few nights as it seems to be worse at night. All day I just feel warm all the time then the intense burning starts usually around 6pm. I also get the electric shocks on my skin & itchiness & the burning in mouth. I have had panic attacks and lost a stone in weight as was constantly worrying about it. Been off work now for 4 weeks and want my life back. Docs thought either viral or thyroid but I have told them its defo nerves. Anyway yesterday doc would not give me anti depressants as he thinks I should get through this by CBT and he has gave me 2mg valium 3 times a day for 5 days then 2 after for a week. I'm constantly fighting my mind telling myself its the adrenilin etc and trying to challenge myself but its wearing me down. Anyone got any tips to get rid of this burning without going back to docs to get anti depressants?

Thanks