PDA

View Full Version : strange activity

Rioblu
26-01-13, 21:42
Hi Guys.

I have OCD / GAD and I do something contantly which almost brings me comfort... and i wondered if anyone else did something similar?

I wiggle and move my right foot all the time. I rub it on the bed which im lying down or of the sofa. I have an urgh to wiggle and tense up all the time.

i know it sounds odd.. but does anyone do it?

PanchoGoz
26-01-13, 21:52
Just a build up of energy I think...you need a way to release it. That's why when you're talking to a shy teenager they often jog their knee up and down a lot or fiddle with their fingers :)

Rioblu
26-01-13, 22:01
ha ha yes, i twiddle my hair contantly and alsorts. maybe i should work out or something. even when i have worked out or im very tiered i still do it. odd

PanchoGoz
27-01-13, 00:03
Even better, dont do anything at all. When you feel tense and feel the need to move about, just relax your muscles instead. If you insistently relax your muscles it is likely your mind will follow.

Tessar
27-01-13, 10:03
i seem to wriggle my feel alot. predominantly my right one i think. when i'm seeing my counsellor i'll sit there absolutely motionless (its hard for me to show how I feel) .... but if i get stressed.... off go the feet. even she noticed this! i felt kind of mortified when she spotted it as i felt like i'd given away something but actually i suppose it was just a stress marker.
i do it in bed to the extent i get cramp in my arches - sometimes in bed, sometimes on the settee. my partner's like "what's going on" when I jump off the settee or out of bed!