PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & Panic with medication

LittleSongbird
27-01-13, 03:39
I have visited my doctor yesterday and prescribed with Remeron 30mg (mirtazapine) and Lexomil 6mg (Bromazepam) divided into 1/4 1/4 1/2 a day. I've bought this but my parents scared that it has some side effects may harm me.

I need some advice in taking medications. Please help.

Thanks in advanced,

Linh Nguyen

LittleSongbird
28-01-13, 07:17
Anyone has idea? I really need help, thanks.

jackie13
28-01-13, 07:36
Hey hun

How are you?

The Mirtz is the tablet my friends on and she has seen a big improvement in her anxiety/panic/depression, however it takes time to work so be patient, I know it's hard. I am not familiar with the other tablets but would imagine they are the same as diazepam in England, diazepam is a short term medication that helps you relax.

Keep reading your CBT and books, do meditation as well, this therapy with the medication will see you in the road to recovery.

It is 7.35am in England what time is it in Vietnam?

Big hugs

Jackie cx

The book I have been reading is At Last A Life by Paul David

LittleSongbird
28-01-13, 08:24
Thank you. I'm doing fine recently, just sometimes I'm getting anxious and has intrusive thoughts when I have nothing to do.

In Vietnam it's 15:22 now :D.

I've searched your book but it's out of stock in Amazon uk and it's only has Kindle version on Amazon US. Can't buy it :( So I purchased "The mindful path to self-compassion" and "Essential help for your nerves" instead.

I'm just scared about their side effects, but if you told me so I will take this and be patient.

Thank you so much,

Linh Nguyen

Charlie11
28-01-13, 08:42
Hi songbird. I have been on mirtazapine since sept 30 mgs they will help you sleep downside for me was I gained 28 lbs. I also take propranolol and Prozac. Prozac I am struggling with. Have had 2 increases since nov doctors say to give it another 6 wks. They have gave me diazepam to help with the heightened anxiety side effect. You will be fine with the mirtazapine. Let me know how you get on. :)

LittleSongbird
28-01-13, 13:08
Hi songbird. I have been on mirtazapine since sept 30 mgs they will help you sleep downside for me was I gained 28 lbs. I also take propranolol and Prozac. Prozac I am struggling with. Have had 2 increases since nov doctors say to give it another 6 wks. They have gave me diazepam to help with the heightened anxiety side effect. You will be fine with the mirtazapine. Let me know how you get on. :)

Thank you :D I will start taking Mirtazapine and Bromazepam tomorrow, hope that It won't be too bad so I can handle... Because I still have to go to university everyday :(

rb1978
28-01-13, 13:19
I've been on Mirtazapine twice.....first back in 2005/6 and am on it now. The only side effects I had each time were weight gain (it can increase your appetite so you end up wanting to eat more) and sleeping a lot after I'd first started it.

To be honest though, I didn't think either side effect was particularly bad. I had terrible sleep before I started it so that side effect didn't bother me. As far as weight gain is concerned, I was fairly slim when I started it so, again, this didn't trouble me too much.

LittleSongbird
28-01-13, 16:32
Thank you. But what about Lexomil (Bromazepam). I don't find any information about it here :( Both Mirtazapine and Bromazepam causes sleep so I'm scared it will affect my sleeping.

LittleSongbird
29-01-13, 15:37
Just have had taken both Bromazepam and Mirtz. Waiting for drug's effect to come. Scary, though.

LittleSongbird
30-01-13, 16:14
Updated: Took it and feeling much calmer. But dizzy in the morning and sleepiness. Hungry and thirsty.

LittleSongbird
01-02-13, 13:46
Update: I'm feeling dizzy all day. I'm having PMS too.

Is Lexomil and Mirtz are bad for women in a PMS? Feel like I'm getting piss off everything :(