PDA

View Full Version : Head tremor / interrupted sleep

Gogspurs
27-01-13, 06:45
Hi all,

I have developed a left side resting tremor which I can feel in the base of my skull at the back of my neck and also in my face which causes a fluttering in my vision of my left eye.

I fall asleep and then wake up suddenly, this happens 4 or 5 times a night. I am worried this is a brain tumour.

I also have worsened tinnitus in my left ear.

I suffered with heart anxiety but all checks were normal and in the last few weeks the symptoms above have come about. My heart beat is still very hard but the beta blockers I am on help with that.

What do you think is wrong?

fruity
27-01-13, 07:17
Hi all,

I have developed a left side resting tremor which I can feel in the base of my skull at the back of my neck and also in my face which causes a fluttering in my vision of my left eye.

I fall asleep and then wake up suddenly, this happens 4 or 5 times a night. I am worried this is a brain tumour.

I also have worsened tinnitus in my left ear.

I suffered with heart anxiety but all checks were normal and in the last few weeks the symptoms above have come about. My heart beat is still very hard but the beta blockers I am on help with that.

What do you think is wrong?
it,s all anxirty

rb1978
27-01-13, 18:41
I don't know about tremors but I've had fluttering eyelids before - almost like a nerve is working overtime near my eye. I've never really worried about - poss cos I know someone who gets it too and who doesn't suffer anxiety at all.

Interrupted sleep I get every night. I am awake 3 or 4 times a night and I also suffer from bad left-sided tinnitus. It is terrible and I've had it for years. Went to ENT when I first got it and there was nothing wrong, it was just tinnitus. It definitely worsens with stress. So far the only way to manage it that I have found is to mask it somehow - maybe by listening to music or watching tv. Background noise basically.

Thinking about it is the worst thing you can do (but it's near impossible not to think about it cos it's there all the time). I went to A&E over xmas with stomach problems and while I was there my tinnitus was so bad I could hardly cope with it. When I got the all clear and came home, I went straight to bed, put on some soothing music and it subsided. Definitely connected to anxiety.

RVP
28-01-13, 01:25
I also suffer from Brain anxiety, and worried that I have a brain tumor.
I know exactly how you're feeling. I too developed Tinnitus I'd say a month ago now, I'm pretty sure it's just in my left ear, but occasionaly happens in my right too.

When I'm anxious about going to sleep or have been anxious the whole day, I will usually wake up gasping for breathe about 4/5 times during a night, at first I thought there was something wrong with my heart, but when it happens now I know it's my stress levels/anxiety.

I've also found sleeping on my side eliminates this, this tends to happen to me when I sleep on my back.
I suffered/still sometimes do suffer from heart anxiety and now brain anxiety.