PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations????

lisab2007
27-01-13, 12:02
Hi all,

After reading some of the forums for HA thought I would post this and see if anyone experiences the same.

I have suffered with panic from an early teen, and I'm now 38 and still have problems with possible palpitations. I get a fluttery sensation in my chest followed my a thud. I understand from the numerous ecg's, 24 hour to 7 day monitoring, that these are classically know as ectopic beats, or extra beats. However, on recent ecg's, possibly last 4-5 years, I have noticed, when looking over the doctor's shoulder, it says 'left ventricular atrophy'. I have researched this as best as I can- conclusion: it appears to be a narrowing of the artery and exercise can make it stronger.

Wondered if anyone else has had this and can offer advice. I don't exercise at the moment and am always afraid to start in case something happens.

xvolatileheart
27-01-13, 15:44
You should definitely ask your doctor about this and what advice they can give you. I have those sensations, and I too fear exercise because of it. However, I try to push through anyway and do some exercise. All the best to you. :hugs:

lisa1975
27-01-13, 16:16
Hi lisa when you say exercise can make it stronger do you mean make it worse or better but if I was you I would ask your doctor x

lisab2007
29-01-13, 00:23
Thanks for your replies.

It says it should make them better...will def get onto doctor again just to be sure. Strange as it sounds I want them to say something is wrong so I know I'm not out of my mind. On the other hand I will then be waiting even more for something to happen.

Will update as soon as I know x

lisa1975
06-02-13, 12:28
How did you get on Hun did you have a chance to get back to the doctors x

semper solus
06-02-13, 12:36
Hi Lisa

I think if it was serious I'm sure the doctor would have said something there and then it is a good idea to ask them about it. Maybe you could start with gentle exercise like yoga or pilates. apparently it's good for the mind and body :)