View Full Version : Someone please help!!! :(

Poopsi
27-01-13, 13:04
Hello
New here and freaking out! I'm not sure if I have HA, never been diagnosed, but I have always been obsessed with my health and dying. Here are my symptoms:

Tingling when touched- not all the time, it seems better at night, and it doesn't happen in my hands or feet, most often all over my arms, legs, back, and stomach, when I pick up my daughter I can feel it all in my arm

Last nighti woke up in the middle of the night bc both bottom halves of my legs felt like they weren't getting blood, went away very quickly after I woke

Then when I feel that I begin to have panic attacks. Bring on the electric zaps, hyperventilating, more random tingling and numbness, also burning behind my knees

I went to my dr, he said he thinks it's sciatica in my legs and an untreated sinus infection, yeah ok!! Didn't believe him
Went to physiatrist who did the clinical exam for weakness, balance, and used those tweezer things. She said everything was normal, got bloodwork, again everything normal! She believes it is anxiety and stress bc I have bad a really rough year. I'm a new mom, I've been fighting a ton with th hubby about his drinking, I had a miscarriage in September, and then my daughter got sick right after Xmas and I didn't eat or drink barely a thing for two days bc I swore she had meningitis and was going to die.

Anyway, I have t seen anyone on here with tingling when touched, the dr said it was a hypersensitivity due to anxiety and stress. But sometimes when I'm feeling anxiety I don't have it, and sometimes when I'm not anxious I still feel it. I have a EMG scheduled for Wednesday, she said just to help ease my mind. I really believe I have the beginning stages of MS and that is why it is too early to go by my bloodwork and clinical exam!
Someone please help!!

skoosh1
27-01-13, 13:29
Hi, you sound like you have been through a hell of a lot for it not to be anxiety related. I have alot of the symptoms eg electric shocks, burning skin all over (which has lasted every day for 4 weeks), itchy skin, feelings of warmth. I get this when I am relaxed or moving about which I cannot understand either. I was told by the doc its the adrenilin constantly being on alert thats causing this. All I'm doing the now is fighting with myself telling myself it can't harm me as its only anxiety and eventually will ease.

Hope you this helps a bitx

fruity
27-01-13, 13:48
WELCOME! U & ME ARE EXACTLY THE SAME! U HAVE HEALTH ANX & PANIC SAME AS ME,I USED TO & SOMETIMES STILL HAVE ALL & MORE OF THEM SYMPTOMS/SENSATIONS U MENTIOND. I WAS IN A VIOLENT RELATIONSHIP WITH MY EX HUBBY. I HAVE 2CHILDREN 6 & ALMOST 5. HAD POST_NATAL DEPRESSION WITH BOTH OF THEM. WITH MY FIRST ONE I HAD GALLSTONES,PANCREITUS,IBS. THEN WITH MY SECOND STATED HAVING PANIC & ANXIETY WAS PUT ON A FEW MEDS BUT CAME OFF THEM. SAW A COUNCILER THEN HE TOLD ME TO GO BACK ON MEDS & SEE A PHYCRIATRIC NURSE(NEVER DID) BUT MY ANXIETY & PANIC IS NOWERE NEAR AS BAD AS IT WAS WHEN IT FIRST STARTED NEARLY 5YRS AGO! THEN MY DAD PASSD AWAY AGED 62 IM MARCH LAST YR STARTED HAVIN PANIC & MORE ANXIETY AGAIN. BUT STARTED TO CALM DOWN AGEN. SO THERE U GO...... BUT YES U HAVE HEALTH ANX. XXXXXXXXXXX :bighug1:

Poopsi
28-01-13, 03:39
Thank u for your responces!!

skippy66
28-01-13, 09:11
Turn your caps lock off fruity, makes you seem even more stressed!

It's amazing what symptoms anxiety can cause. Break the cycle, attack it head on.

If you DID have the early stages of MS, which is very very unlikely, what would you rather do - waste your life fretting about it or get on and live your life to the absolute fullest?