PDA

View Full Version : Loss of weight

skoosh1
27-01-13, 13:59
Hi, can anyone tell me that its normal to lose over a stone in weight due to anxiety in the space of 4 weeks even although I'm eating? I've been suffering the burning skin sensation for weeks and its taking it out of me so much:weep: I'm down to just over 8 stone and getting worried now:weep:

dizzylizzy
27-01-13, 20:13
This doesn't seem healthy but perhaps 'normal' among some of us though. (I had to look up how much a stone is Canadian hehe) I've lost 0.7 in three weeks so I suppose I am en route as well. Can you ask your doc or someone around you who may notice and be able to help? Everyone is different I don't know how to give advice but didn't want to be another view with no response. Good Luck!
:hugs:

illgetthere
27-01-13, 23:53
Well I can't say for everyone it is but I lost a stone and half in 6 weeks when your body is on high alert in anxious mode it burns at a duper rate and if your not eating much then most definitely even if you where to eat double what you eat your body will just burn it x

kittikat
28-01-13, 00:14
I lost almost 3st in 8 weeks. It was put down to anxiety &stress by my GP but he did run lots of tests on me first just to rule out any underlying medical condition.

If you are worried I would advise you to discuss with your doc just to keep an eye on things & perhaps monitor your weight.

In my case, I would definitely say yes, anxiety can cause dramatic weight loss.

skoosh1
28-01-13, 13:46
Thanks for your reply. I did mention it to doc & he never seemed bothered. Been tested for thyroid which is normal. Thats alot of weight you lost also. I have been living on my nerves for a few weeks & trying to fight it by walking alot with my dog. I've got valium (only 2mg) for a few days so trying to eat as much as I can and relax a bit more without my mind going round at 100mph lol. thanks for the quote also:)