PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help?! Going out of my mind

GirlAfraid23
27-01-13, 16:14
Hi guys.
Well i posted before about this but its day 37 of my cycle and im 5 days late for my usual period.
I had some spotting mid cycle - around day 21 it was sort of like a tiny bit of stringy pink blood mixed with discharge.
Last week I had period symptoms and felt sure I was going to come on. But nothing.
My boobs are really tender and sore and a few days ago I had sore stingy nipples.
This is very unusual for me as im normally very regular - last few months have been 30, 33 and now 37 and still counting.
Ive never missed a month before now.
I feel so weird like puberty mood swings and I never feel like this.
I need it to come as i feel so hormonal and need a release.

Can stressing about a period being late make it late?
I dont really have any period pains anymore which is worrying.
Ive taken 3 negative pregnancy tests. And have one more to take next weekend if needs be.
When should I go to my GP?

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Anyone?

Annie0904
27-01-13, 16:52
Many people in your last thread have told you that anxiety can cause your periods to be late or miss them. You were also advised by Nicola earlier last week to see your doctor if you were concerned. You are obviously really worried about this so the only person who can really reassure you now is your doctor. :hugs:

GirlAfraid23
27-01-13, 17:03
As i said earlier in the week, my doctor is moving surgeries at the mo.and only taking emergency appointments.

Annie0904
27-01-13, 17:08
You had just asked when you should go to your GP so I though you must be able to go now. Maybe if you ring NHS helpline? I don't know what else to suggest other than what has already been said that it could just be because you are getting more anxious or maybe the supplements you have been taking have messed up your periods a bit. I am sure it is nothing serious and all your pregnancy tests have come back negative. I know it is not easy but try not to worry so much about it. :hugs::hugs:

GirlAfraid23
27-01-13, 18:16
What about the streaky blood stained discharge mid cycle?

Annie0904
27-01-13, 18:26
That can sometimes happen with a missed period. I remember once when I was on holiday abroad for 6 weeks, I completely missed my period and don't know if it was the change in climate or what but the next month my periods started regular again. :hugs:

Eek
28-01-13, 02:10
What about the streaky blood stained discharge mid cycle?

you can get that sometimes with ovulation.

semper solus
28-01-13, 09:46
Hiya

A friend of mine had problems with her periods she would go months without having one.
She went to the doctors and was told stress can be a factor or her hormones where playing up. I did suggest to her to try taking primrose oil capsules or Agnus Castus capsules. She tried taking both and hey presto her cycle started to regularise monthly. I'm not saying it will work for you but it's worth looking into.
good luck
Nick

GirlAfraid23
28-01-13, 15:51
Im really worried I have an ovarian cyst/ovarian cancer.
Also the spotting cant be ovulation as you cant ovulate without a period can you?

katesa
28-01-13, 16:25
Im really worried I have an ovarian cyst/ovarian cancer.
Also the spotting cant be ovulation as you cant ovulate without a period can you?

I've had fertility issues in the past and had to chart my cycles in order to get pregnant so I know a little bit about this - but by no means am I a doctor.

Firstly, your periods have varied a few days each month the last few months so it sounds as though you are one of those women who ovulation day varies for each month, which means your cycle length will vary.

If you did ovulate last month, bear in my mind that your period comes between 10 - 18 days AFTER ovulation each month so you would still be within normal at the moment even if you did ovulate this month.

Secondly, most women go at least one cycle a year without ovulating. That is entirely normal. Often, they get a break through bleed roughly the same time as their normal period would happen and they'd never know they'd missed ovulation but equally often, they miss a period instead. Both scenarios are normal.

The bleeding could have been breakthrough bleeding. Or it could have been the follicle in your ovary trying to ovulate and failing, releasing a small amount of blood as the follicle "popped". Or it could have been ovulation.

Your missing period could be due to delayed ovulation, weight gain, weight loss stress, medication, change of contraceptive or just a perfectly normal, unexplained annovulationary cycle that the vast majority of women get frequently.

GirlAfraid23
28-01-13, 19:52
Thanks Katea that has helped put me at ease abit more.
I definatley thought the blood spot was ovulation as it was mixed in with that strungy egg white discharge (tmi!).
If 18 days after then tomorrow would be the day it comes.
I never thought about the egg trying to pop and failing thats probably quite true.
Over christmas I overate quite alot and was out of routine, I also had a very stressful beginning of january as I had just started driving since passing my test and felt pretty anxious about the whole thing.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

I rang up my GP today as it was just worrying me too much.
They wouldnt even see me and spoke to me over the phone - very unsettling

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Im just one if those people that isnt happy until I know the exact reason for things.
I suppose thats like alot of us on here, I cant accept the simple explanation.
Ive always been anxious about ovarian cancer ever since I heard the phrase 'silent killer'.
I feel odd because I havent had a period for nearly a whole month i guess and probably the longest cycle in my 10/11 years of having periods.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

My PMS symptoms are going mad, I need my period!!!

Annie0904
28-01-13, 20:05
What did your GP say to you on the phone?

Munchlet
28-01-13, 20:19
Hi

Just wanted to let you know I've been having on off period issues for a year now my cycle always used to be 28 days, during the last year I've had a 17 day cycle, a 39 day, and the one before last was 46 days.

I've also been stressing and they sent me for scans and everything was normal I'd recently started losing weight so in the end I put some of it down to that.

I also find that I usually have lots of discharge and spotting/blood streaked discharge around midcycle now whereas I never used to.

Our periods can change for all sorts of reasons and stress is a definate trigger but I would just say what everyone else has said and that is to just check it out with your doctor.

It really doesn't sound like anything to worry but get it checked out just for your own peace of mind.

take care

GirlAfraid23
28-01-13, 21:13
I did try and get it checked out but doc wouldnt see me today.
Over the phone they said i should do another preg test in 2 weeks time and then visit them if it ztill hasnt arrived and they will take bloods etc.
They also said these things can happen now and again to women and not to eorry.
I would have liked to have been examined properly though

Annie0904
28-01-13, 21:20
I think you need to remember that they said these things can happen now and again and not to worry. They are right in saying that and I know it is hard for you not to worry but it is unlikely they would do anything for just one missed period as this is so common and it does happen to many women. :hugs: