PDA

View Full Version : out of hours surgery

spottitchsam
27-01-13, 14:53
hi guys,I had to ring the out of hours doctors at 7.30 this morning.woke in middle of night and had trouble breathing,managed to calm myself by reading a magazine.went back to sleep for couple of hours but woke up at 7 .30am panicking.hubby was already downstairs so went running down has I could not even shout out.I rang out of hours doctor to see if I could go up on my amitriptyline by 10mg.they got back a few minutes later and said it was ok.when I saw my gp last monday he cut me down by 15mg a day has I was having a very dry mouth all throughout the night.I will not be seeing him for 6weeks has he is going away.don't know what started this panic off it could be the hospital appointment tomorrow,or because I had cut my mediation down to much to soon,or thinking of taking my granddaughter to butlins on my own in 3weeks time.this was booked in December before all this kicked off.I have been taking my granddaughter every year since she was a baby.she is now 12year's old.we love it when it's just the 2 of us,nannies and granddaughter time x

Daisy Sue
27-01-13, 14:58
scary :( how are you feeling now?

Col
27-01-13, 15:03
Ahhhh gosh, was like I was there with you reading your post the feelings leap from the page!

Maybe rearranging the Butlins thing , may at this moment be a good idea! I completely get you don't want to let her down etc my mums the same with my little girl but I'd tell my mum if she was like you, at the moment and I'd explain to my daughter that Nan's not well at the minute , she'll be fine but the holiday will be rearranged! Or could someone else like your hubby or an aunt take her ? Take it easy and slow down.:flowers:

spottitchsam
27-01-13, 15:15
Ahhhh gosh, was like I was there with you reading your post the feelings leap from the page!

Maybe rearranging the Butlins thing , may at this moment be a good idea! I completely get you don't want to let her down etc my mums the same with my little girl but I'd tell my mum if she like you are at the moment and I'd explain to my daughter that Nan's not well at the minute , she'll be fine but the holiday will be rearranged! Or could someone else like your hubby or an aunt take her ? Take it easy and slow down.:flowers:

thanks daisysue I'm a bit better now I have got that extra dose in me.

col I rang butlins this morning and explained about my situation and although I did not take out the insurance because I am a premium member they have said that under these circumstances they would cancel or postpone my holiday till later in the year.my hubby does not drive and my other children can't have any time off has all their days/weeks have been accounted for.so right up until the day I know I can pull out if needed.I have been ok in the past going away so with the extra 10mg I WILL be alright.x

BikerMatt
27-01-13, 17:39
I think thats the rite thing rearranging your Butlins trip. If it was me i would get an appointment with another doctor at your surgery, to talk about your medication dose to set your mind at rest rather than waiting 6 weeks.:):):)

spottitchsam
27-01-13, 19:07
I think thats the rite thing rearranging your Butlins trip. If it was me i would get an appointment with another doctor at your surgery, to talk about your medication dose to set your mind at rest rather than waiting 6 weeks.:):):)

bikermatt thanks,I'm leaving it till the last day has the next term which is Easter I will be going with my hubby and eldest son touring round Scotland.I'm hoping that the extra 10mg will be enough time to get into my system.I have also booked a appointment to see my doctors partner who I have seen before,on Wednesday.thanks once again for good advice.x