PDA

View Full Version : Home alone for a few days

LittleSongbird
27-01-13, 16:18
Hi guys,

My parents and my sister had to go overseas for 4 days, and I'm alone.

I'm having anxiety & panic disorders. Really need some replies from you guys to push my mood up.

Can you suggest something that I could do? Lonely makes me really anxious and worry about things.

Thanks,

Linh Nguyen

P.S: Well after having anxiety and panic attacks for a few months, now I'm worry about everything. I'm too sensitive about everything such as: reading some article may made me obsessed with it (negative thoughts), and for a last few days I'm having intrusive thoughts/unwanted thoughts related to religions (Buddhism). Now I avoid reading all religious-related, and tends to dislike Buddhism. Can you give me some tips? I read a book which has a sentence said that intrusive thoughts may related to anxiety as a consequence.

Annie0904
27-01-13, 16:48
Hi I am sorry you are going to be on your own for a few days but there are always plenty of people on here for you to chat to. Do you have any friends who can come to visit you?

LittleSongbird
27-01-13, 16:50
They visit me at morning and afternoon but at night they have to come home

And I have to sleep alone in the house that's kind of scary too...

ynos
27-01-13, 16:54
The key i think is to keep yourself busy so you don't over think or have time to get too anxious, remember there is always someone here when you post so you are never really alone. Anyone popping ove?r or any places you are going so you can limit the time you spend by yourself if you want others with you?
you could use this time to explore what helps you to relax, or makes you feel better. 4 days isn't long, they will soon be back!
:bighug1:

Annie0904
27-01-13, 16:58
My husband works away so I am often alone on a night. I usually leave a little light on outside the bedroom door. Reading a book helps before I go to sleep too. :hugs:

jackie13
27-01-13, 18:24
Hi Hun

How is my lovely friend in Vietnam?

The thoughts are part of the anxiety. They can be awful and I used to fight mine, now I acknowledge them and let them wash over me, sometimes easier said than done.

There are plenty of people here to talk to, your family will be back very soon:). I have just downloaded a book that is a true account of a man that beat anxiety and panic, will forward you title when I get home from work.

You will be fine Hun.

Hugs
Jackie x

rb1978
27-01-13, 19:06
I live alone so am by myself almost all the time. Usually it's ok but when I'm feeling very anxious it's not nice. I try to fill the day so I don't have any time when I'm not doing something - reading books, going on the internet, watching films etc so I always have something to fill the time.

At night, if I feel lonely and vulnerable I sometimes put the radio on next to the bed. I put it on very low because my neighbours are on the other side of the wall and they're trying to sleep. I find having some noise and knowing that I'm listening to another person who's presenting the radio show helps me to feel less lonely.

dizzylizzy
27-01-13, 19:44
How's it going?
I was home alone this weekend. I live with my sister n 8 year old nephew so there really hasn't been any quiet nights. It has been nice but definitely forgot about the strange anxiety that creeps in when left alone. Definitely just chat with someone, anyone. Haha my cell died and my sister has the charger and I am in a new city where I know no one so this hasn't been much of an option for me. My main anxiety is now my sister questioning what the hell I did all weekend and how to tell her I didn't even venture outdoors! Keep busy is good advice, maybe have a list of things you can do so if you find yourself sitting with negative thoughts move on and complete a task. That in itself will improve your mood. This reminds me I was going to try to hem some curtains for my sis. I watched a really cheesy movie the first night and it helped. (The remake of Footloose)

LittleSongbird
28-01-13, 03:37
The key i think is to keep yourself busy so you don't over think or have time to get too anxious, remember there is always someone here when you post so you are never really alone. Anyone popping ove?r or any places you are going so you can limit the time you spend by yourself if you want others with you?
you could use this time to explore what helps you to relax, or makes you feel better. 4 days isn't long, they will soon be back!
:bighug1:

Thank you. I will keep myself busy throughout the day, then at night I will be exhausted to fall to sleep immediately haha

My husband works away so I am often alone on a night. I usually leave a little light on outside the bedroom door. Reading a book helps before I go to sleep too. :hugs:

I have a boyfriend too but we can't sleep with each other at night (because we are Asians :( ), my parents did not allow me to do that so, I usually call my boyfriend before sleep.

Hi Hun

How is my lovely friend in Vietnam?

The thoughts are part of the anxiety. They can be awful and I used to fight mine, now I acknowledge them and let them wash over me, sometimes easier said than done.

There are plenty of people here to talk to, your family will be back very soon:). I have just downloaded a book that is a true account of a man that beat anxiety and panic, will forward you title when I get home from work.

You will be fine Hun.

Hugs
Jackie x

Thank you. In VietNam there're not many people who suffer anxiety like me so, it's not easy for family or friends to understand the situation.

PM me if you get the title :X

I live alone so am by myself almost all the time. Usually it's ok but when I'm feeling very anxious it's not nice. I try to fill the day so I don't have any time when I'm not doing something - reading books, going on the internet, watching films etc so I always have something to fill the time.

At night, if I feel lonely and vulnerable I sometimes put the radio on next to the bed. I put it on very low because my neighbours are on the other side of the wall and they're trying to sleep. I find having some noise and knowing that I'm listening to another person who's presenting the radio show helps me to feel less lonely.

That's a nice tip. I am watching Breaking Bad lol. At night maybe I will turn on the TV with low volume to get some sleep.

How's it going?
I was home alone this weekend. I live with my sister n 8 year old nephew so there really hasn't been any quiet nights. It has been nice but definitely forgot about the strange anxiety that creeps in when left alone. Definitely just chat with someone, anyone. Haha my cell died and my sister has the charger and I am in a new city where I know no one so this hasn't been much of an option for me. My main anxiety is now my sister questioning what the hell I did all weekend and how to tell her I didn't even venture outdoors! Keep busy is good advice, maybe have a list of things you can do so if you find yourself sitting with negative thoughts move on and complete a task. That in itself will improve your mood. This reminds me I was going to try to hem some curtains for my sis. I watched a really cheesy movie the first night and it helped. (The remake of Footloose)

Thank you, if I can't sleep I will go here and chat with you guys. I'm an extrovert person so I can't bear to be alone.