PDA

View Full Version : Been on Sertraline for over a month - is it right for me?

Cassius
27-01-13, 17:14
Hi guys,

I've been on 50mg Sertraline for depression and 1mg Lorazepam for anxiety since a few days before Christmas. At that time I was so anxious and depressed I was dizzy when I walked and found it very difficult to go into shops and look at all of the products.

After two weeks I tried going up to 100mg, but taking it made me unbelievably drowsy, agitated, frustrated... I couldn't really do anything all day. Then at night I couldn't sleep at all and was sweating a lot. Is that normal? It was extremely uncomfortable! The next day I went back down to the 50mg dose and didn't have any problems with the drowsiness.

Now I've been able to go into work for a few days every other day of the week and I've been to Westfields mall a couple of times as well.

However, I've been trying to come off the lorazepam and reduce my doses of to 0.5mg every other day and the days off it are horrific. I get incredible headaches and feel complete sensory overload. I now feel as though I'm getting depressed all over again and I don't really know whether the Sertraline is still helping my depression.

Do I need to give it more time? Try upping my dose again?

Thanks for any advice, guys.

Take care! :)