PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out that I have Lung Cancer!!!

Dragi316
27-01-13, 19:05
2 months ago I got phenmonia and was coughing up Blood.They did a chest CT scan with contrast and it showed only Phenmonia
After a couple of weeks of Anti Biotics it went away.
Then last week I got Bronchitis and was put on Anti Biotics again . They did a Chest X-ray again and it was clear. I was feeling a lot better then this morning I coughed up Blood again with mucus!! It's happend 5 times this morning . They are little globs of blood. I am seriously freaking out the XRat and Cat scan missed something like Lung Cancer?? Help please I'm freaking out

andrea15
27-01-13, 22:33
I have had the same worries as you can see if you read my posts. I've been told by countless people that the xray and blood tests I had would show something if the tumour was over 1cm and big enough to cause pain. I wanted a CT scan but couldn't get a referral even to go private. No test is 100% but I wanted a CT because its, from what I've read, the best test. How old are you and do you smoke? If your doctors are unconcerned and confident that its just bronchitis then you should trust them. Thats what everyone is telling me but due to my severe HA its not that easy for me. I have to give this time to clear up but, like you, Im going mad in the mean time. Im terrible for googling everything and it doesn't help at all. We both need to learn to trust the medical profession.

PM me if you'd like to. Do you have to go back again to gp or leave it to clear up? Please try not to worry

Andrea x

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Just read other posts. You would be incredibly unlucky to get LC at you're age and being a non smoker too x

Dragi316
28-01-13, 18:22
Hello I am 29 and I do not smoke. This is really messing with me. Had the CT scan and the X-Rays all clear besides Phenmonia and then the blood went away . Then I got Broncitis and started to feel better again till a couple of days later when I started to have blood streaks in my phlem when coughed up. The worst thing I could of done was google. I even went as far as joining a Lung Cancer group to ask them about my symptoms. That was a big No No I got a couple of people who said sometimes CT scans can miss a tumor . So I am seriously on the edge right now.