PDA

View Full Version : unusual one - emotional when with my nan

busybee09
27-01-13, 21:35
I no this is strange but i am very very close to my nan and shes my rock. Everytime im at her house i feel like crying!
Like today she gave me a hug and said even tho im 22 im still her big baby lol and this set me off!
I love her soo dam much that im terrified of anything happening, but obviously it will one day shes 79 now i just dont need to cry eachtime im round!

Shes fab for her age and im so proud of her, i keep wishing she was younger.
Anyone else feel this way about a family member, im even crying now typing this.

PanchoGoz
27-01-13, 22:06
I feel like this around my grandad - but he's 92! I'm sure she has plenty of time yet. Just remember that everyone is in the same boat, grandparents are a huge part of everyone's lives.
You've just reminded me I should give him a call tomorrow - thanks.
Make her pround in her last stage of life by showing her the best you can be.

busybee09
27-01-13, 22:22
I feel like this around my grandad - but he's 92! I'm sure she has plenty of time yet. Just remember that everyone is in the same boat, grandparents are a huge part of everyone's lives.
You've just reminded me I should give him a call tomorrow - thanks.
Make her pround in her last stage of life by showing her the best you can be.

Aww thank you, the waterworks have begun again lol, and wow 92 whats his secret!?

x:D

Sparkle1984
05-02-13, 18:03
I think it's really sweet actually - there's nothing to be ashamed about being emotional in front of any of your relatives. :hugs:

BobbyDog
06-02-13, 08:18
I can relate to this, I was brought up by my Grandparents and loved them so very much, even though I didn't always show it. I spent so many years crying over the fact that one day they would no longer be there for me, instead of laughing and loving and enjoying their time on earth. When their time came I dealt with the loss and grieved as anyone would. Now my one regret is that I didn't live in the moment when they were alive.