PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization and pregnant.. :(

Miss lexx
27-01-13, 21:48
Hi I'm new to this site just wanted to share my story. A few weeks ago I had a massive panic attact that I believe was triggered by stress and worry, shorty after I started feeling weird like my surroundings are not real and like my memories are not my own or vaig.. That then triggered massive anxiety as I thought I was going crazy.. The doctor has given me citalopram which I have been taking for 9 days.. I still feel depersonalised and on top of that I can't sleep at all.. It's worrying me as I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have 3 children.. I know I meant to accept the feeling but it's so hard.. I do know why they are there I just can't seem to accept feeling like a stranger in my own life.. Would love advice from anyone who understands or have been or going through the same thing.. Thank you x

pinkprincess
28-01-13, 16:12
HI,

I am 35 weeks pregnant, due 3rd march,

my first real episode of anxiety was the day after the birth of my daughter (5 in june)

I know how you feel, i had depersonalisation after that for a good 6 weeks and still get it on and off when going through a panic episode as i call them,

you wont sleep as when you start citalopram for the first few weeks you basically become an insomniac, its the side effects, bet you feel even worse too with panic, i did when i was put on them, felt panicky etc. but once they kick in, give it a few more days- week yet, you will feel better. having 3 children is enough to make you anxious at times, i know my daughter is very time consuming and demanding,

The depersonalisation thing is so scary and weird, you feel realy odd, and frightened, I get so short tempered and intolerant when i get my anxiety periods (usually in winter), it makes you feel like you are aware of everything, like its all too real if you know what i mean, like when you walk sometimes you can over analyse it etc and think am i walking right or do i feel ok today, its a symptom of anxiety and feels worse when starting meds.

hope you feel better soon and good luck with the baby, xx

Miss lexx
01-02-13, 12:49
Thank you your reply has really helped me come to terms with my issues, just to know I'm not the only one is very comforting so thank you.. Xx