PDA

View Full Version : bloody dry mouth

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 05:53
hi guys it's only me again,sods law I only upped my amitriptyline by 10mg yesterday at 7.45am and I have already got that horrible feeling of a dry mouth side effect back.up until yesterday for the past week I was just about coping with everything now I can't even get a good night sleep for more than 40/50 mins at a time.oh how I hate this.sorry guys for moaning but you are the only ones who does not judge me.silly question but I hope you are having a better time than me.x

BobbyDog
28-01-13, 06:49
It will get better and you will get used to it over time. Do you take a drink to bed with you to sip through the night?

nicola1980
28-01-13, 07:12
Hi i recently increased my meds venlafaxine and got an awful dry mouth but gradually it wore off, make sure you drink lots of water x x

Fenrir
28-01-13, 10:58
I've had alot of trouble sleeping lately too, maybe 3 to 4 hours a night, thats after 2 or 3 hours to actually fall asleep.
Woke up with dry mouth Saturday and Sunday, never had it before.

Annie0904
28-01-13, 11:20
I always get a dry mouth when i up my meds but it usually improves after a few weeks.

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 12:22
thanks to all you guys for your replies.I hope that splitting the pills 1x25 and 2x10.throughout the day will help with this.I do take 2 pint glasses of water to bed with me.I don't drink a lot each time I only sip it.but I do wake up anything up to a dozen times during the night.x