PDA

View Full Version : Palpitation or spasm

willous1
28-01-13, 08:24
Hi everyone. I really don't want to go to the doctor about this because I have not been for months and if I go other will start me off again as I was going on a weekly basis before. I have been getting a lot of spasms all over lately. Only small but all over chest and maybe in arm or leg. I have had this before and am not overly worried as see it as anxiety. But in the night I had a quick harder feeling in middle of chest by heart. I have been awake since. As I have never had a palpitation before I scared it is one as I know if I is a new feeling in chest you should see a doctor and I don't want my HA to takee over my going again. It only lasted a second but it's where it was that worried me. What are through differences. Please help.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 ----------

If it was a palpitation wouldn't it feel like a skip or extra beat instead of a thud/flutter. Can anyone help

rebeccad
28-01-13, 08:42
Hi I also suffer from "twitches" all over and also sometimes I get them in my chest, also sometimes wind in you're chest cavity can feel like a palpitation. I really wouldn't worry I think you are fine, (shame i can't follow my own advice lol) xx

skippy66
28-01-13, 08:59
It doesn't matter as both are harmless (if a little annoying)

A palpitation can be felt as a lot of things, a noticeable thud, a small flutter, an electric shock sensation, a feeling like your chest has just dropped through your stomach, or you may not feel it at all. My dad has had PVCs all his life but only feels them when he takes his pulse, lucky him.

Relax.

willous1
28-01-13, 11:36
Thank you to the both of you. Today is horrible, just gone home from work as so anxious. Am feeling every flutter and going ons in chest. feeling twitches in my arm as well now. This time last year was bad, with twinges in my eye lids and everyhting but just never had that twinge in centre of chest.