PDA

View Full Version : Damaged my ear or ear infection?

PinkRoxy
28-01-13, 09:22
Ok well over a couple of weeks ago I went swimming and decided to put some blu tak in my ears to keep the water out. I think I might of put the blu tak in too far as when I took it out after my swim I notice a funny blocked feeling in my left ear even though I dug in my ear I couldn't get any more blu tak out.

the blocked feeling eased and went away and then kept coming back in little amounts over the days. About a week later I notice my ear felt sticky and I poked my finger in and pulled out bits of sticky blu tak so I got some cotton buds to poke in my ear to try and get it all out.

My ears felt more blocked again and I kept poking a cotton bud in everyday to try and get some more blu tak out. Well my ear started to feel a lot better and I thought well that's good but then yesterday I had a headache and felt a bit dizzy as the blocked feeling in my ear came back but there was no pain. In the night last night it hurt to sleep on that ear and was quite painful.

Today it has been really painful it feels blocked inside and it hurts to touch around it and it hurts inside and at times it makes me feel a bit dizzy. I don't know if I could have done a bit of damage to my ear or not. THen I don't know if its an infection as I do feel quite hot at times, it is summer and a hot day and night where I live but the hot feeling feels different like I could have a temperature.

I am seeing my own doctor on Wednesday to discuss my depression with her as I really need to and was wondering to wait till then and mention my ear too.

I just hope I haven't damaged my ear as I would be so upset if I had done.

What do you think it could be?
Today

skippy66
28-01-13, 09:30
Your ear is hurting because you've been messing around with it trying to get the blu tack out!

I don't mean to trivialise this but seriously, you put blu tack in your ears to go for a swim?!

Don't worry, don't mess with the ear and it will heal.

semper solus
28-01-13, 09:30
Hiya

You shouldn't put anything in your ear as it may just have pushed blu tack or even ear wax further into the ear. if the ear gets blocked then the other side has to compensate to equalise the ear pressure if the ear is blocked up. I would tell the doctor then they will take a look to see if there is anything there. I doubt very much that you have damaged anything inside.

Let us know how you get on :)

PinkRoxy
28-01-13, 09:43
Thanks. Blu tak is an old trick I use to use all the time when I was young as I was in a swim squad to prevent getting swimmers ear. That is why I used it when I went swimming.

I think it might be a bit upset with the poking too which I am not going to touch them until I get them looked at by the doctor on Wednesday.

I will let you know how it went