PDA

View Full Version : echocardiogram

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 12:58
hi guys back from the hospital and just to clear something up which I posted in earlier this month.someone said that the appointment was you have sticky pads on your body and someone said it was where they put jelly on you.well I was surprised they done both to me.I had to strip to the waist and put the gown on and lie on the couch on my side.they then stuck 3 pads on my body and also put jelly on my tummy and under my breast,that is when I had a stick thing (sorry don't know what it's called)rub over my body.I have now got to wait a week before I have the results.x

Annie0904
28-01-13, 13:03
ECG is the one with sticky things on your body and Electrocardiograph is the scan. Pleased you have got it over and done with. let us know when you get the results x

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 13:05
You had and ECG and an echo scan in one

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 18:03
You had and ECG and an echo scan in one

nomorepanic thanks for clearing that up for me,but I was told it was a echocardiogram.x

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

ECG is the one with sticky things on your body and Electrocardiograph is the scan. Pleased you have got it over and done with. let us know when you get the results x

Annie,I wish the gp would have explained it better.oh I am such a fool sorry to have given the wrong info.x

Annie0904
28-01-13, 18:09
I have just been to my doctors and had an ECG. I have had terrible chest pains all weekend, worse than usual. Everything was fine so I guess it was just caused with the extra stress I had last week. x

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 18:19
I have just been to my doctors and had an ECG. I have had terrible chest pains all weekend, worse than usual. Everything was fine so I guess it was just caused with the extra stress I had last week. x

Annie,so pleased everything went ok.the things we have to put up with.x

Annie0904
28-01-13, 18:25
I guessed it would be ok but Doctor said best to be sure. :) x

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 18:31
I guessed it would be ok but Doctor said best to be sure. :) x

Annie your gp sounds like my gp.he goes out of his way sometimes,and never pushes you out if you have run over your time.if fact it's me that says I'm taking to much of your time.he even talks to me on the phone if I have got a concern over medication.after surgery that is.x

Annie0904
28-01-13, 18:38
My doctors are brilliant Jean, I can't fault them at all. They never make me feel like I am rushing them and will visit me at home if I am too anxious to leave the house x

maximus1975
28-01-13, 18:45
if u had an ecg they would have given u the results of that straight away

spottitchsam
28-01-13, 18:52
My doctors are brilliant Jean, I can't fault them at all. They never make me feel like I am rushing them and will visit me at home if I am too anxious to leave the house x

Annie,I think we are the lucky ones,gps are not always as obliging.x

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

if u had an ecg they would have given u the results of that straight away

maximus, I was told they would send the results to my gp and I should hear from them in about a week's Times.x

Annie0904
28-01-13, 18:54
I had an ECG and got my results straight away. I think Jean had an Echocardiogram Maximus

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 19:27
Yes it was an ECG and an echocardiogram