PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else used to get bullied and was alone in school?

Rls1994
28-01-13, 18:48
I'm not in school anymore, and haven't been for three years now, but when I was, I was bullied EVERYDAY. It started in year 7 and went all the way up to year 10. The first two years wasn't so bad. It was the last year that it started getting to me.

There was a certain girl that used to constantly bother me, for NO reason whatsoever. After form time, she would either hit me hard on my head in the corridor, put lots of chewing gum in my hair, trip me up or throw food at me. She wasn't the only one who did it though either. There was other kids who used to pick on me as well. Every time I got put next to someone, they'd be like, 'why do I have to sit with her? She's an ugly loser who needs to die'. There was also some guy in my Art class that used to always touch me up and stuff although I told him to keep the hell away from me. He also used to throw my school bag on the Art buildings roof. At first, I just brushed it off and tried to ignore it, but after a while it started to make me more and more angry and upset by the day.

I'm not the person that's scared to tell anything to anyone, so I went straight to the teachers and told them about it. They told me they will sort it out and ask them to leave me alone, so I thanked them and left, thinking, 'FINALLY, I'll have some peace'. I was so wrong. It continued to happen and got worse and worse every week. I kept going back to the teachers and again, they said they would sort it out, but nothing changed. What I found absolutely frustrating was that the girl that bullied me was a trouble to a lot of other students as well, so it wasn't just me. I just thought, 'if she's that much of a trouble then why don't you exclude her?'.

When I reached year 10, my only friend had left school to go to college, so I was all alone at lunch times. I tried fitting in with some of the people in my year, but I was always pushed away, or got teased. I was not going to wonder around the playground all lunch and break on my own, so I got a lunch pass and went home for the hour.

Anyway, the bullying still continued and I kept going back to the teachers every morning because I didn't want to be there anymore and they eventually got sick of me and thought I just didn't want to be there because I'm lazy and I'm making it all up. Apparently, the girl that bullied me just denied everything I told the teachers about what she was doing to me.

I had to be pulled out of the school in April 2011 as I was extremely suicidal and actually attempted it twice.

I was not doing anything for about 8 months. So I was at home with my family, and boy, my depression cleared up SO fast.

Thing is, it badly affected my grades. Well, it affected my history and Maths results the most. I got a U in history, an E in Maths and a B in English. The only reason I got a B in English was because I used to read a lot of fanfiction back in the day, and I taught myself how to write properly from reading those.

Since school, I've had VERY little interaction with other people. It's affected me terribly and now I prefer to be alone. No relationships, nothing. I love being alone. All I would like is to be with my family and possibly work one day for them. I don't think I ever will be in work though, especially with my hatred of being around other people. I don't WANT to be like this, but it's just the way I am. The slight little things people do annoy me now. But believe me when I say that I'm a REAL nice person. I love people that understand me, doesn't 'bully'/judge me for the things I like etc.

What do I do in my free days you wonder? I animate, draw and make movies out of them. I'm hoping to be a cartoonist when I'm older. That is my goal at the moment. Nothing else.

Meh, I'm sorry for rambling on. I just thought I'd share this for anyone out there that thinks they were/are alone in this.

Anyway, were you bullied in school like I was?

Annie0904
28-01-13, 18:53
i am so sorry that you went through all this. I was bullied by a girl in Junior school. I had to take sweets, biscuits or money to her everyday or she would hit me. I was always very shy and timid at at school. She destroyed my confidence x

HunniBee
28-01-13, 21:58
I am so sorry to hear how horrible school was for you but I can relate.

I was bullied in years 5 & 6 until I left junior school & didn't have many friends and I think that knocked my confidence then in secondary school I had good friends who then turned on me for no reason & I had no one to turn to except family. My family have always been there for me even though sometimes they don't understand me. I was always the ugly duckling in school & got picked on because of it. I was told by a good friend of mine (note she is nothing to me now, I actually hate her) that I was ugly & I'd never find a boyfriend, nice to head from a so called friend hey!! I think this may be one of the reasons I find it hard to form relationships with nice, stable men!

What we learn early on in life does have an effect on what we are like as we grow up, it's horrible & it really can cause issues as an adult. This may be a reason for my terrible relationship aniexty!

I hope that does help a little....

HB x

Rls1994
30-01-13, 17:37
Thank you both for your replies! Annie, I also had to do the same thing. I used to bring in chewing gum in everyday and loads of people that didn't even like me used to keep asking me for some and I'd just give it to them. I stopped doing it near the last year of school as I realized I was just being used. Yes, I was pretty dumb back then and should have realized sooner. But I just wanted to be nice to people.

I SO wish I had the attitude and strength I have in me now back then. I know for sure I wouldn't have been bullied if I did. It seems as if I've gotten stronger because of it, but it's also gave me terrible relationship anxiety and I don't know who is genuine or not anymore.

I have this guy who apparently 'likes' me and he talks to me everyday near enough but I don't know whether to trust him or not... He's a really nice guy, is funny, and likes a LOT of the same stuff as me but I'm just not sure if I should take it further with him or not. To be honest, I don't want him to like me. I have a lot of mental issues and I'm worried it will drive him insane in a few weeks. He says his opinion on me will never change, but he doesn't know what I'm really like.

Meh, I'm worthless.

Annie0904
30-01-13, 18:10
Don't be afraid to let this guy like you. Just be good friends for a while and see how the relationship develops. Let him get to know who you are and see if he still wants to be with you, you never know he may care enough about you to be there to support and help you with your issues :) x

PinkRoxy
31-01-13, 11:01
I am so sorry to read what you had been through at school. I wonder that teenagers go through such a tough time is because there is a lot of nastiness out there from other teenagers.

I got bullied a little it was mainly my year 9 year, the thing is I was in a class where I made no friends, I had friends from other classes and I saw them at lunch but everyone in my own class didn't like me and was really awful to me.

I remember hating being there during class time as I had no one to talk to or share things with as they were all so mean.

I am definitely ant bullying, I worked at a swimming pool for five years and have seen many kids come with friends. If I see any bullying going on I don't allow it Im not afraid to speak up to it and set it right. To me children should NOT be allowed to get away with it. Did anyone hear what happened to that girl Phoebe Price who was an irish girl that her family moved to America and she got really bullied at high school over there, so bad that she ended up killing herself. It was really sad but that is how bad it got and how no one even did anything about it.

Rls that not wanting to have any relationships and a need to be alone can be quite normal if you have been bullied. I went through a stage where I didn't like people much either and it was usually that age group because they were critical and not very nice. If it bothers you then I think counselling would be a good idea to help you through it as I turned out to have social anxiety.

I had no friends since leaving high school lost all contact of my friends I had and then it made it hard for me to go out and do things when I did make a friend because social anxiety took over and got worse the more I didn't have friends or spend time with them.

Im not saying it will happen to you but I think its a good idea to get some help if you feel like you need it. Once again I am so sorry you had to put up with what you did in school, its awful and no one should have to go through it. (((hug)))

bluebottle
04-02-13, 04:46
I run a group for people in the East Midlands with social phobia and many of them were bullied or abused. I was myself. Our phobia is absolutely normal. It is OK to be afraid. To learn that not all people want to hurt us we need to experience a different experience of people than a abusive one. We do that by being amongst safe people, and then gradually we learn how to be OK amongst the general population. The process is about unlearning what our child self learnt. Have you a group you can join, like the one I run, where you are?