PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

clarrie
28-01-13, 19:46
Hello everyone

I'm Clarrie. I'm 55 years old and I've coped with generalised anxiety disorders off and on for most of my adult life, health anxiety being the most problematic. I worked full time until 18 months ago but found it quite a struggle towards the end as I didn't have the energy to do anything other than go to work. So when the chance came to retire early I took it as I wanted to 'get a life'.

Well, as you've probably guessed, giving up the job did not help, merely gave me more time to focus on my health worries. Both of my parents were diagnosed with Alzheimer's; Mum died unexpectedly and Dad had to go into a nursing home near my sister. I had to administer Mum's estate and with my sister, clear their house and get it rented out to help with the fees for Dad's care. Whilst this was going on I had to spend a lot of time at my sister's which I found difficult as I don't like being away. Now my health anxiety has worsened. My GP is great by the way. I am having a course of CBT at the moment but I've had this before and have relapsed.

I've been browsing this site for a few months and find it very reassuring to see that there are other people like me out there, just probably not as old! And the trouble with getting older is that more and more health worries present themselves....

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 19:58
Hi clarrie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
28-01-13, 20:09
Hi Clarrie, I will be 55 next week :) Welcome to NMP, I am sure you will find lots of support. x

Fenrir
28-01-13, 21:02
:welcome: Clarrie :flowers:

Baggs
29-01-13, 00:29
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs