PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

redhead89
28-01-13, 19:46
Hello all,

For as long as I can remember I've always been an anxious person, have had panic attacks since I was 15 and suffer with Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'm 23 now and I'm...well... a bit bored of it really! So I'm currently trying to make changes in my life by seeing a counselor and I am soon starting a group CBT course.

Basically, I get very anxious around meeting new people and tend to over talk. Then afterwards I will over analyse the social situation and torture myself thinking of how much of an idiot I was and how people don't want to hear what I have to say. I also worry A LOT and become obsessed with certain thoughts.

I have periods of time where things are worse than others, especially in the winter. I also find it disrupts my sleep, which in turn makes my anxiety worse! vicious cycle. I'm not on any regular meds, but have Zopiclone for when I have periods of disturbed sleep. I have been on Fluoxeteine in the past, but don't feel like I need it at the moment.

I'm here because I'd like to get some tips from people who have been/are going through the same thing. I'd also like to share some of my own, as I have developed quite a few good coping techniques over the years :)

Thanks for reading!

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 19:58
Hi redhead89

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
28-01-13, 20:04
Hi :welcome:

Fenrir
28-01-13, 21:08
:welcome:Red :flowers:
I'm pretty much the same but with agoraphobia, I'm on Fluoxetine and finding it really helpfull, I have a few Zopiclone but sleepings a problem almost every night so I only take them if I have to go somewhere early the next day.
Also waiting to hear about a CBT course soon.

redhead89
28-01-13, 23:20
I did find Fluoxeteine very helpful! Ah I hope you hear about your course soon, I'm starting mine mid feb and I'm really excited to try it!

Baggs
29-01-13, 00:27
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

louis
29-01-13, 18:35
Hello from Tennessee. Hope to chat with you soon

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:47
Hi redhead, welcome

redhead89
02-02-13, 00:06
Thanks everyone. Have been finding the site very helpful so far :)

Daisy Sue
02-02-13, 00:17
hi & welcome to the forum :)

Wolfie
02-02-13, 02:07
Hey there!

You sound just like me with the whole over-analysing social situations and thinking 'oh god, I shouldn't of said that!' and so on.

I also have SAD, this winter has been pretty tough, but hopefully will soon start to feel better with the move into spring.

Also, good you on for seeing a councellor and starting a group CBT course - that's just great! You have everything to gain - things will get better, it will just take time.

NMP is great for getting tips and advice - also, it's a great support network. You will find very many like-minded people here who can understand, relate and help you along your path of recovery :).

Welcome!

Chris