PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody.

yoyolandi
28-01-13, 20:04
I'm new of course. Hello!

I am 24 years old, I live in California. I work at a used vinyl store and I love music.

I suffer from horrible, horrible panic attacks and anxiety. They started following a traumatic event several years ago, and unfortunately have escalated since. My anxiety makes it difficult to go out. I have nearly crippling insomnia and I isolate myself from my friends and family, which is out of character as I am generally a very social person. My dating life, as you can imagine, isn't too eventful these days either. Haha.

I saw a therapist for about a year, and only recently stopped going in because she moved to another state. I could find another but I quite liked her. I am not currently on any medication. I am not comfortable taking medication (I get immensely paranoid about side effects and the like), and after conversations with my therapist learned some ways to try and diffuse the anxiety sans medicating. I have learned to fend off the panic attacks with some (albeit limited) success, and do feel like I am coping. However I would like to find support from those dealing with similar issues, which is why I am here. :)

Best wishes to you all from me.

Y

Annie0904
28-01-13, 20:06
Hi :welcome:

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 20:14
Hi yoyolandi

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Fenrir
28-01-13, 21:00
:welcome: Yoyo :flowers:

louis
29-01-13, 18:34
Hi yo yo. :) Hope to hear from you soon maybe i can be helpful

PanchoGoz
29-01-13, 19:47
Hi and welcome! Got any progressive rock albums I could buy? XD

Baggs
29-01-13, 22:01
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

bringupasquid
30-01-13, 11:56
:welcome:

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:40
hi and welcome. Certainly know how crappy panic attacks can feel!