PDA

View Full Version : Why is it like this?

Ballandalloch
03-09-06, 09:25
I hope nobody takes offence at this as none is intended but I am really sad that i write a post saying that I am going to kick this Health Anxiety into orbit, that today is the beginning etc and despite lots of people reading it, only one person has replied to say good luck. If however I had written a post worrying about some form of cancer I know i would have had many more helpful and kind responses. As i say i hope nobody takes offence at this. Its just an observation and one that has made me feel quite sad.
I hope everybody has a good day today.

fisher
03-09-06, 09:39
hi my names joanne i am sorry to hear you are disappointed with know replies, i have been with this site 3weeks now and whenever i have wrote in i get replies, but i wrote in last night and i havent had a reply back, it does make you feel abit alone, but it might be that there isnt anyone around at the time to reply, anyway i would like to know how you are getting on, i to suffer from health anxiety and i am trying my best to get rid of the anxiety feelings i get, i work in a hospital on a ward so i am surrounded by health which can get so hard working there, anyway if you would like to keep in touch my email address is buttonsj@3mail.com, or buttonsj@hotmail.co.uk x

Ballandalloch
03-09-06, 10:23
Hi Joanne
Thank you for writing. Yes i will keep in touch. A rocky day today but whats new! I hope you are having a better one.

lildutt
03-09-06, 10:46
hi hope you feeling much better today
bellxx

Granny Primark
03-09-06, 11:22
Hi,

I never read your post but trust me i wish you so much luck and i think you should be proud of yourself for taking such a positive attitude.
And im certain no one will take offence at your post.

Good luck and take care
LYNN xx

Clare_63
03-09-06, 11:31
Hi Ballandalloch

Like Loopylynn I hadnt read your post but well done with the positive attitude and please keep us up to date with your progress (",)

Take care

Clare :)

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

jackie
03-09-06, 11:54
i havent seen your post but i do wish you the best and hope you come back with great success stories

i hope we all beat this one day and hope this is the first day of the rest of your life

i too have been trying to push myself but find it a struggle when the neuralgia pains are so bad

good luck and im sure i speak for everyone

ps many people dont get on at the weekend so that may be the reason for the lack of responce

as you can see in the success stories section we all wish people well

let us know

jackie

Ballandalloch
03-09-06, 12:34
Thank you so much to everyone who has answered. My faith is restored! I will succeed and ill come back and let everyone know. Enjoy your weekend everybody and thanks again x

jackie
03-09-06, 12:51
how have you got to this point. have you written a introduction?

i would love a bit of your drive, but the symptoms wear me down. today my whole body down the left hand side is in agony and i just cant seem to not fear

are you getting this with symptoms and just trying to not fear them

glad your faith in us is restored, would love to know how you have got here

jackie

Lindalou64
03-09-06, 13:59
sorry hun didnt see your post i would of definetly say go for it good job stay positive...........cause thats what we all need is being positive and say hey im gonna beat this .............we might have bumps on the way but at least we are trying so keep up the good work im with ya.....Linda[8D]

Ballandalloch
03-09-06, 14:17
Hi Jackie.
Basically I have just had enough of feeling so horrible and scared 24 hours of every day of the week. I dont particularly believe the drs when they say my throat and swallowing problems are down to anxiety but all tests have been clear so if there is the slightest chance they are right then i have to give it a go and i wont know that until i have got to grips with the fear. The thought of being back to normal fills me with such happiness that i just want to get back there and live my life and enjoy my days as i used to. The only other alternative was taking citalopram which made me vomit and feel suicidal. I couldnt hack it, so im going to do it my way now. Thats my story basically. Im terrified and can relate to everything you have said and im really sorry you are feeling like that but I cant cope with it a moment longer so im all out to fight! The alternative is not living and what a waste that would be x
Linda - Thanks for writing. Yes bumps on the way but im going to jump over them as and when i can. Thanks again:)

jackie
03-09-06, 14:29
i want to say im with you too but i am still afraid, but you are so right. i woke up today and have written things all ever the house like

live life

dont be afraid

look around you, everyone else is living and so must you

but then my pains are bad today and i fear, i dont know how to not fear, but im trying

i wish you so well and want to here about those hurdles you jump

jackie

Ballandalloch
03-09-06, 14:54
Hi Jackie
I think maybe one morning or at some point something will trigger inside you and you will find the strength to face your fears but in my mind you have started the fight as you are looking and seeing that you dont want to be like this anymore. I am no expert...im in the same boat as you. I have to go and spend the afternoon having a bbq now and im terrified and want to get into bed but im not going to. I am certain that this can be overcome. It has to be. I really like the things you have written in your house. If we take small steps then i KNOW we can do it. Any of us. Doesnt mean to say that i dont feel lousy, because i do!! Take the very best of care and your time will come im sure.

juju
03-09-06, 16:12
hi
i am the same as you thinking that one day you just sort of see the light! never knew your nerves could trick you so much. cos at the end of the day we are all doing this to ourselves by our way of thinking.
everything seems so much clearer now.
STAY POS
julie

we are all stronger people after having this

polly daydream
03-09-06, 18:22
Hi, I never read you post otherwise I would defo have replied sweet, anyway best of luck and I do hope you can kick this horrible anxiety into orbit, we all know exactly how you feel and are all trying to do the same.

Take care,

Polly

EebyJeeby
03-09-06, 19:07
Hi Ballandalloch,

Must have missed your first post, but the forum is so big with so many new posts per day, it does happen! As you've now seen, there are lots of people here who understand and will give support.

You sound like you are at the point I was about 6 months ago. You most certainly will make it through with your positive attitude. You are right on the brink of accepting that your symptoms are anxiety-related - once you have fully taken that leap of faith, you will find that your throat will improve and you can begin to move further forward. As you move on, your fear will lessen and you will recognise all sorts of symptoms as being part of the anxiety after all. Knowledge is power. Turn those negatives into positives and you will get better over time.

Are you having any counselling at all? Might help you weave your way through a little quicker.

Eeb x

lass
03-09-06, 22:53
I wish you luck too. I think acceptance is the key here, which you obviously have. I had a really long chat with a doctor that I work for recently, and she said (in answer to my symptoms) that I shouldn't expect to feel any better whilst my circumstances are the same and the stresses in my life are the same. She was also very reassuring that I'm not ill, that it is anxiety and that it can cause so many horrible physical symptoms.

Anyway, since then, once I accepted that I am "normal" and do not have any control over what is causing my anxiety, I have accepted it as a (hopefully) temporary thing in my life and I have felt loads better. I feel much stronger to cope with everyday life (although I have my wobbles too!), and although each time I get a "symptom" I still get a moments panic and negative thought that this could be something serious, I am getting back on track and thinking positively within a few moments.

I didn't have any luck with medication either, but I have just started counselling.

Hope you get through this really quickly. Stay strong!

jackie
08-09-06, 20:15
hey just wondered how it was going

jackie

Ballandalloch
09-09-06, 11:12
Hi there
Everything is going so well thank you. I have had my moments on a daily basis. Yesterday wasnt so brilliant but I am remaining with positive thoughts that I am ok and everything I am feeling does not mean I am dying. Today i feel so happy and im getting up and dressed and going shopping in the city just for fun. So...so far so good! Im seeing the doctor next friday and i hope to be able to tell him that I am truly on the way to recovery.
Thanks again for asking!
I hope you are having a good day and the sun is shining where you are.

Clare_63
09-09-06, 11:28
Glad to hear everything is ok today Ballandalloch. Shopping just for fun?? I hate shopping lol

Sun is shinning brightly here today seems to be matching my mood

Have a great day

Take care

Clare :)

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

lisa smith
09-09-06, 15:06
hope you are feeling a lot better. there is alot of people on this site feel very low, but you will me alot of nice friends and understanding people on here. take care..xxx

MissBehavin
11-09-06, 16:42
Oh i dunno, ive posted things before & got no replies. This health anxiety thing makes us all a little selfish at times & people only want their own questions answered. Its just the way it is but i dont think anyone means any harm by it. Its just the state of panic most people are in when they sign into here, and they want answers for themselves.
c x

Pete to win Big Brother 7