PDA

View Full Version : thriving off of the er

mmmorris
29-01-13, 01:53
so i have had health anxiety for two years now. i have been to the emergency room at least 5-10 x a month. all for different reasons, heart, lungs, brain, clots (my current issue). why is it that the only thing that reassures me is going to the er. i have already been to the er twice for thinking i may have a clot in my calf. its not thati think they are missing it but that one had developed since the last time....am i crazy? does any one have advice on how they deal with this fear. i obsess 24 hours a day....and i'm missing out on my sons life. i am eight months pregnant and i need to change this. i am so terrified if dying from a clot...ughhhhhi want to be happy so bad!! I just need to vent to someone....i don't really have anyone to talk too :(

Anxious_gal
29-01-13, 05:25
wow that's a lot of times to go, I'm surprised they haven't banned you!
you need serious help, CBT therapy for sure and maybe a stay in a good hospital that helps yur mental health, I would get some recommendations though, as a lot of the public mental health units aren't too great.
pregnancy hormones can trigger off anxiety, are you getting any help

mmmorris
29-01-13, 05:40
ya, i'm surprised i'm not banned too. i have considereda mental health hospital but i have a young child who needs me and there its not alot of people in our lives. this is taking complete control of me. i don't where it is coming from, my whole life has been pretty normal and boring until this showed up. i have seen counselors but nothing has worked. Prozac helped me a bit but i had to get of due to this pregnancy.

katielou80
29-01-13, 07:26
i can so relate to you. pm me for a chat xxxx