PDA

View Full Version : Hubby keeps waking me up

CelticZebra
29-01-13, 07:05
I've had problems sleeping for a long time and had really bad bouts of insomnia at times but over the last 6 months things have improved so I go to bed at a sensible time and have been sleeping ok.
My husband has been taking mitarzapine during this time and over the past few weeks he is tossing and turning so much that he is waking me up. Unfortunately for me (and him!) I get grumpy if I haven't had enough sleep and I'm really starting to get annoyed with him now... Especially because he can't/won't do anything to try and sort out the problems:wall:
He takes 45mg in the evening and sleeps great til about 5am ( this used to be the time he would wake up for work) and then I get woken so many times that i have to get up because my sleep is so interrupted that I just can't rest and I have bad feelings of rage :angry:
I've just started on Paroxetine and I'm wondering if this is contributing towards my feelings?
Just don't know what to do anymore, I do sleep on the sofa sometimes but it's not as comfy as my bed :sofa:

dabrucru
29-01-13, 09:55
sorry for both of you, maybe he can do some exercise or something to get more tired and maybe sleep more, i don t know, just a thought

BobbyDog
29-01-13, 11:46
I did start to get very restless and have vivid dreams/nightmares after taking Mirtazapine for a few years, perhaps it would help him to visit the GP again.

If you are new to your current medication, you could be suffering from initial side effects, give it 4 - 6 weeks and hopefully your rage will disappear.

Single beds?