PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo tongue cancer

Ddcoo
29-01-13, 08:04
I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me through this difficult time, words cannot express how much you have all helped me and tomorrow starts the second leg of the battle when I travel to Leeds each day for the six and a half weeks of radiotherapy and 2 chemotherapies.

I will post as often as I can but I know I will get very tired, not only with the therapy but also the travelling and early starts. I am still very tired after the operation, so this on top will probably make me worse.

The 4 operation sites, my mouth/tongue, neck, stomach and left arm are all now twinging where the skin is knitting together, and it is all on the mend and it is 6 weeks tomorrow since I had the operation. Now I have the same amount of time to go again and then I will be finished and on the home run.

So thank you all once more for everything and my love to you all. Di x:D

ricardo
29-01-13, 08:26
Ddcoo

I am sure that I speak for everyone who has been following your updates since your operation, and I can say is that I reiterate what I and others have been saying from day one.
You are a remarkable lady and you glass is definitely half full and soon will be brimming at the top. xxx

nicola1980
29-01-13, 08:31
Good luck, sending lots of love and :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: x x x

Eek
29-01-13, 08:33
Wishing you all the best. You'll get through this, you're such a lovely, strong lady. :bighug1:

bluesparkle
29-01-13, 09:22
sending you loads of :hugs::hugs::hugs:and posative thoughts...
you are one very strong lady...we are all here rooting for you.
xxx

Annie0904
29-01-13, 09:34
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Janine
29-01-13, 10:20
Good luck, you are a very brave lady, have a calender where you can cross of each day of the next few weeks and watch the days go down. xx

Ddcoo
29-01-13, 10:45
Thanks Janine, I will count the days down, six and a half weeks seems such a long way away, but it is 6 weeks tomorrow since I had my op and that has flown by, so I hope the next 6 do.

Justinf
29-01-13, 10:45
Six weeks to go and then a lot of living still to do.
:)

swgrl09
29-01-13, 12:39
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good luck, You can do this!!! You are halfway there!

Tessar
29-01-13, 12:42
Six weeks to go and then a lot of living still to do.

:winks: too right!!!!! :winks:

Anxious_gal
29-01-13, 12:51
You're doing really well : )
I'm sure you are scared and worried, but you just keep doing what needs to be done.

I think the tingling is a good sign, the nerves/skin? is healing and regenerating maybe.

Has the vertigo/dizziness gotten any better?

yeah I hear the treatment can make you very tired, but in a small way that could be good if it lets your sleep and heal, it's great you have a partner there for you as you will need the extra help once you start your treatment.
I hope you don't get too much of a sore throat or mouth. but I guess it can't be avoided either.

is it a treatment you having every day for six weeks?
You'll gt through it, I hope it goes as well for you as it possibly can.

Magic
29-01-13, 12:54
:hugs::hugs::hugs::bighug1:Thinking of you ddcoo xx

Ddcoo
29-01-13, 14:58
Anxious Gal, yes the vertigo is under control at the moment as I am taking tablets and I just hope that when I have to lie on the radiotherapy table completely flat and still with the mask clipped over my face and onto the table, that the dizziness will not rear its head, because if it does then it will affect me having the treatment, so I am pretty scared about that.
I have to have the radiotherapy every day Monday to Friday but do not go at the weekends.

Anxious_gal
29-01-13, 15:45
I didn't know you can get tablets to help with vertigo? I guess it depends on what is the cause. That's great news they are helping.
If it happens all you need to do is just breathe, but if you need to you can always make the nurses just let you back up, I know it's not the best option but sometimes having the option can lessen the anxiety.
I don't know what your dizziness is like, but often if I'm on my back I can feel like I am falling, is so weird, even my muscles react/tense up.
I guess when you get dizziness your body can treat it / react as if you really were moving.
Hopefully with the tablets it won't be too bad.
Aw that's a lot, you'll be so glad once it is over.
It's great we live in a time now where things like cancer can be treated and cured.
We'll all be thinking of you when you are getting your treatment : )
Maybe imagine what a friend might say to you to calm you down?
Even if you get nervous it will soon pass/be over, like with the surgery it was scary but you got through it and now that's in the past.

heh I think I wrote too much : )

rated_r90
29-01-13, 15:50
Good luck with everything Di. I'm sure the treatment will be tough, but you're strong enough to get through it. By the time Easter rolls around, you're life will start all over again and you can have a fantastic summer.

Take care! X

Twinsmummy
30-01-13, 15:19
All the very best to you Di, I hope the next few weeks fly by. Thinking of you.
Cx

RosieXXX
30-01-13, 16:29
Thinking of you Di, and wishing you all the very best - :hugs::hugs: