PDA

View Full Version : Worried about eye infection

xdavex
29-01-13, 15:52
I've what I think is conjunctivitus, I've already been to see my GP & he's prescribed some eye drops (gel form fucithalmic) & anti-biotic Flucloxacillin because there's a swelling of fluid building up under the skin all around my eyes, which are behaving in the same way as a 'runny nose'.

My youngest son aquired it first & he's on eye drops, but because he has autism (inc limited understanding whats good for him) , giveing him his eyedrops is quite difficult as he struggles & bites so 2 of us have so far managed. My wifes one eye now also shows sins of infection & I'm worried about this 'vicious circle' situation, my cheek bones are now becoming quite tender.

Both my eyes are like slits & quite puffy, I'm wondering if as well as eyedrops & the anti-biotics that bathing my eyes might improve things ? I know it sounds silly but I did'nt think to ask doctor this at the time.

Annie0904
29-01-13, 16:02
I would just use what the doctor has given you as they will get rid off the infection. Conjunctivitis is very infectious but I wouldn't worry too much about the vicious circle. the medication will clear it. You should each use a different towel when washing your face and wash hands if you touch or rub your eyes. It will clear quite quickly with the treatment.

xdavex
29-01-13, 18:41
Thanks Annie, I've never had such a serious eye infection such as this, so I'm quite anxious

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Is it a normal symptom for my cheekbones to ache & become tender to touch ??