PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent

Arnie365
29-01-13, 16:59
I just need to vent because I've had a blip today and had my first panic attack of 2013 whilst at work.

I've been doing so well with a combination of therapy and medication and haven't had a panic attack since mid December. Have had a few days of sadness/depression and days where my chest pains have been worse than usual but generally an upward trend.

Today I got chest pains which is like most days and they weren't that bad at all. I did what I always do now and just ignored them but then started to feel light headed. I walked to the shop to get some fresh air and on the way back my legs went like jelly only for a couple of seconds but very noticeable to me. So I went back into the office thinking I might collapse in the street and felt a bit better. Then I had to go out again to a meeting and the full on panic attack hit me. Felt dizzy, wobbly/heavy legs, feeling of impending doom. Luckily I had some diazepam on me so took one of these. Settled down during the meeting but couldn't wait until it finished so I could go home.

Still feeling a bit shaken up now but better. I think it's knocked me for 6 a little because its been a while since I've had one and don't see why it's happened today when the chest pains were no worse than usual but blips happen.

Anyway vent over with and big hugs to people going through panic on a daily basis. I think what my experience shows is that you can get better and even though it feels like you will never be right again, very quickly you actually forget how bad the panic attacks are when you haven't had one for a while.

Janine
29-01-13, 17:24
Arnie I have been more or less ok since my flux started to work for me in October, however I have had a couple of blips when it all comes back for a while, both times mine have been just as I have got off to sleep, I have woken up feeling hot and sick and the dreaded jelly legs, both times I have felt poorly the next day but then been ok again, don't know why it happens like you I try and forget how horrible they are.

Glad you have got through it, you will probably not feel right until you have been to bed, I always have diazapan in my bag, they are my safety net, I have not taken one but if it happended during the day I would have to like you.

Arnie365
29-01-13, 19:17
Thanks Janine. Feeling much better now. Its passed. Horrible though.