PDA

View Full Version : Just a check

Heley
29-01-13, 17:43
Hi everyone,

I've been getting dizzy spells, black outs and vomiting with a pain in the left side of my head. I usually get chest palpitations/hyperventilation/chest pains/panic/weak limbs etc when I have a panic attack. I called the crisis team and they said this can happen with panic attacks- just wanted to see if anyone else experienced a sudden change of symptoms when not particularly stressed?

Thanks in advance,

Heley

Arnie365
29-01-13, 18:25
Hi Heley

when you say black outs are you actually fainting or just on the verge of it? If actually fainting I would go and get checked out as soon as you can because this could be low blood pressure and you could obviously injure yourself if you fall. If you are just getting on the verge of fainting then that can happen with panic attacks. Ive only had it once during my first panic attack which was a major one but others on here have reported them fairly frequently.

Heley
29-01-13, 18:30
I have been actually blacking out but not for very long I'm told. I'll see how it goes and if it gets worse I'll get it checked. Don't want to go back to A+E again unless it's absolutely vital!

Arnie365
29-01-13, 18:39
I would try your GP then. It could be low blood pressure which you need looking at if it is. Hopefully nothing but better than safe than sorry.

Heley
29-01-13, 18:44
I think my BP is fine, I've had it checked quite frequently. Hmm. I'll see what happens eh. Thanks for the replies though :)

Arnie365
29-01-13, 18:48
ok take care.