PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Emski21
29-01-13, 17:57
Hello My name is Emmie, I'm 20.
for about 4 years I have suffered from anxiety but for the past year or so, I have been experiencing panic attacks alongside my anxiety.
I found anxiety quite hard to come to terms with, it took over my life, I wouldn't go out, I couldn't eat, I wouldn't sleep.
As the years have gone by I've been too and fro the doctors, I was just told that it was anxiety disorder And to try a few breathing techniques when I felt anxiety coming on, this recent year My anxiety has just worsened and Its turned into full blown panic attacks, I've recently been to the drs, and been put on beta blockers (propranolol) in a hope that they help, I'm due to get some counselling for this as well, as I feel this would help. At the moment I'm working a full time job, but my panic attacks And anxiety, are making it hard to cope within my job as I'm having to control my panic and I quite frequently get palpitations chest pain and dizziness. I try my best to carry on having a social life and got letting it rule my life again.

I joined this forum to meet and speak to people that suffer from anxiety and panic Attacks and for a bit of support that I'm not alone and I'm not going crazy.

I thank you for taking the time in reading this,and look forward to speaking to you.:)

nomorepanic
29-01-13, 18:07
Hi Emski21

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
29-01-13, 22:14
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:45
hi emmie, welcome

Emski21
02-02-13, 21:43
Thank you so much for the welcomes.. :) x

Mark13
02-02-13, 22:57
Hello Emmie and :welcome: to the forum.

Sparkle1984
02-02-13, 23:26
Welcome to the forums I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. :)

bringupasquid
04-02-13, 10:46
Welcome Emmie, I hope you get some help and support from the board.