PDA

View Full Version : been put on propranolol 40 mg now :(

bubbalully84
29-01-13, 18:51
hi all,

well i have had the most horrible week ever with the anxiety and depression, resulting in me now being put onto propranolol 40mg, 3 x a day, but can take as needed.
Gp won't take me off the fluoxetine as i have been on them for 17 days and i should start to feel better as of next week.
Are these any good for the panic? i have panic disorder as well as severe depression and i just want to feel vaguely normal again and give my kids their mum back :weep:

thanks in advance
xx

Janine
29-01-13, 20:21
I was given propanolol alongside Fluxotiene and am still on both, the propanolol really helped me with the side effects and the anxiety and still does, I was on 80mg slow release tablet which was upped to 160mg slow release so that means that they are in my sytem all the time and keep a steady level, I know you can also take them as needed so you have to find what suits you but all I can say is that they really helped and help me.

cattia
29-01-13, 23:13
I was also on propanolol alongside fluoxetine. I found that the propanolol helped somewhat with the physical affects of anxiety like the racing heart etc but it didn't do much else for me. Fluoxetine was amazing for me, had a great effect on my anxiety and depression. I did't feel any benefit from it at all until I had been on it 4 weeks and it was 6 weeks before I got the full effect.

bubbalully84
30-01-13, 09:54
hi guys,

thanks, i've taken my first this morning and feel quite dizzy and spaced out with it, but no panic, so that has to be good as i've felt nothing else but panicky since starting the fluoxetine!
yeh the gp said to me yesterday that i shouldn't give up now as i've come so far already, just never felt so horrible and alone like this before.

thanks for your experiences, it's nice to know i'm not going mad!!

xx