PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me!!

retrochic
29-01-13, 20:00
Hello everyone!

Just a little post to tell you a bit about me...

I am 34 years old, mum to a 2 year old, work in charity manangement, and love retro stuff (bought a fab pair of 1950's inspired glasses today - woohoo!).

I was about 6 years old when I had my first panic attack and cant remember not struggling with anxiety/depression. I was put on Seroxat at 20 to cope with panic attacks (was at uni and couldnt sit in the lecture theatres).

Have times where I am fine and times when I am really poorly. My last episode was triggered when I went on maternity leave at 8 months pregnant and I developed a fear of the baby's movements (like I was overtaken by an alien). I thought everything would be fine once my daughter was born but I developed panic disorder and could barely function. It's been a long road since then but I am finally pretty much back to me again.

So why am I looking for support now? I have just found out I am pregnant (very early - 5 weeks). I hadn't planned to have another child due to the fear of going through what happened before, but I find myself excited. I know I will need support at times, however and am hoping to find it here.:yesyes:

Annie0904
29-01-13, 20:08
Hi :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of support here.

nomorepanic
29-01-13, 20:10
Hi retrochic

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Baggs
29-01-13, 22:00
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

bringupasquid
30-01-13, 11:33
Welcome Retrochic, I'm quite new here too...But I've already decided that joining this forum was one of the best things I've done recently. Good luck with the pregnancy too :)

retrochic
30-01-13, 17:42
Hi there
Thanks for messaging me. It does seem a very supportive place here. Im looking forward to getting to know (and getting advice from) people who understand what anxiety/panic is like. :)

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:37
welcome to NMP. Hope you get lots from the site

Mark13
01-02-13, 21:14
Hi retrochic, and :welcome: to the forum.