PDA

View Full Version : Cut finger on chhese grater?

Em.ma
29-01-13, 22:00
Hi I just cut my finger on a cheese grater!
It didnt draw any blood but it stings.
I googled and all sorts of things came up.. Infections happening from it etc.
I'm 19 and can't remember my last tetanus shot! I don't think I've had one in ten years at all... I'm now scared ill get am infection or tetanus and die from it:mad:.
It stings but no blood was drawn :(

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

If no blood was drawn it wasn't that deep right? I'm now scared over tetanus. Google said to get a tetanus jab after a cut with cheese grater... It wasn't rusty though.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

It no longer stings either and I don't have any antiseptic

Annie0904
29-01-13, 22:05
Emma it will be fine..I have done this loads of time. Just give your finger a wash and if it isn't bleeding just leave it..it will be fine! :)

RVP
29-01-13, 22:45
With any cut, you have to be careful from bacteria getting inside, but obvs a deep cut, and as yours didn't even bleed yours probably took the hard layer off your skin, if you're really worried wash it thoughorly and put a plaster on it.

skippy66
29-01-13, 22:56
I cut my finger on a margarine lid the other day. I can't believe it's not better...

AuntieMoosie
29-01-13, 23:04
lol skippy66........good one :roflmao:

Emma I'm sure you'll be just fine hun. Just keep it nice and clean, let the air get to it and it should heal nicely hun :hugs:

venusbluejeans
29-01-13, 23:07
I cut my finger on a margarine lid the other day. I can't believe it's not better...

:doh::roflmao::roflmao:

Em.ma
30-01-13, 19:06
Skippy:roflmao:
Forgot about it all today... Until after work I remembered the funny feeling was from cut and had forgot to cover it and I work in a factory.
A cut that didn't bleed can't get infected right?
Or can it :S
Havnt had a tetanus jab for over ten years I'm sure of it...

Anyway probably being irrational as per usual again ..

Annie0904
30-01-13, 19:13
I am sure it will be fine. If you had all your booster jabs when you were at school you shouldn't need a tetanus, you will be protected now. They used to say every 10 years but not now.

Em.ma
30-01-13, 19:17
Pretty sure I did. At 15 I had the mmr booster and other people said they had two jabs m,r and tetanus but I only had the one?

Annie0904
30-01-13, 19:25
You wouldn't get tetanus from a scrape on the cheese grater anyway so I wouldn't worry.

Tessar
30-01-13, 21:11

Haa haa haa :roflmao: :roflmao:

missfishlash
30-01-13, 21:43
Omg skippy, thats my new facebook status! Brilliant:D