PDA

View Full Version : Free Floating Frustration!!

ShakingSquaddie
30-01-13, 00:02
Hi All,

Ok, so I've been on 30mg Citralopram for about 16 weeks approx and all is getting gradually better to the point where recently I've been more or less feeling human and 'normal' again!

I'm driving in the car tonight with my talkative 12yr old son and I get a vague increasing feeling of derealisation totally out of the blue.

This was followed by a wave of panic/anxiety rolling over me (don't know if this caused the derealisation or vice versa!).

Then a new bizarre thing happened!

It felt like someone had poured a cup of hot coffee over my groin and the top of my legs!

It felt so hot I actually stopped the car and checked to see if I was on fire!

My god, It was a strange feeling!

This lasted for a few minutes and you probably guessed that I am feeling back to square one again!

Shaky, anxious, on edge, ruminations, dread, impending doom, feeling wierd etc. etc.

I cannot for the life of me understand what causes my anxiety to spring from nowhere like this!

It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it and I cannot find a triggering factor!

The thing that bothers me a lot is that I thought I really had this condition 'sorted' when BLAM it jumps up and kicks me in the nuts!

Has anyone else felt a part of their anatomy was actually so hot they thought they were burning?

Hugs etc.

Gary

ShakingSquaddie
30-01-13, 10:39
Anyone?

wendy35107
30-01-13, 12:03
I can't say I've ever experienced the hot coffee thing, but the free floating, yes all the time.

The trouble is that it comes from absolutely nowhere, so you're not prepared for it and it has the ability to drag you right back down to rock bottom again.

Even today, there were people in my office talking to me and honestly I felt like I was floating above us all listening to the conversation.

It's so strange and unreal, i never know how to handle it either. Just rest assured you're not alone hun, everyone can experience different symptoms but the depersonalisation is pretty common from what I read on here.

I hope you're feeling better today :hugs: