PDA

View Full Version : Different brands of Citalopram

sjane
30-01-13, 10:13
I have just picked up my second prescription after my month review. Last month I got my rx from Sainsburys Chemist, which were diamond shaped. Now this one from Boots, that are round.

Took one last night, now this morning I feel like I did when I started them, groggy and a bit shaky, sweaty palms too. I'm still on 20 mg's so its not an increased or anything. Its all very strange.

Has anyone else had this? I hope it settles down quick! :wacko:

AnxiousBaker
30-01-13, 16:20
Some people are sensitive to drug changes. I say drug changes, its actually the filling agents used. The 20mg of the active ingredient, citalopram in this case, is the same no matter who the manufacturer. Its law. But as for the shape , colour and the other stuff in tablets (the fillers) that will vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer.
I have had the same with citalopram and fluoxetine. One companies made me really bad, the other was fine. Night and day the difference.

It should settle down soon, if not go back to your GP see if he will give you another script and go back to Sainsburys chemist.

sjane
30-01-13, 17:36
Thanks for the reply. If I remember rightly, I found the same on Fluoxetine too.
I feel ok now so hopefully it should be fine.