PDA

View Full Version : For those that suffer tension headaches

nomoreworries25
30-01-13, 13:06
How long can your headaches last for mines been going almost 2 weeks I know it's tension/ stress related because its also my neck & temple which are effected and it goes away at night when I rest. Has anyone got any remedies? I don't want to be on heavy duty meds, and am reluctant to see GP over headache :-/

swgrl09
30-01-13, 13:13
Mine have lasted that long, sometimes longer.

Things that may help: Ice, Heat, Ibuprofin, Stretching, Yoga, Massage

Massage probably will help the quickest, and I use stretching to help them in the long-term

nomoreworries25
30-01-13, 13:30
Yes I've been thinking massage it's just I have to make sure I go to a decent one else I end up more soar than ever. I usually have acupuncture and know that would help but its £37 a go and I usually need 3-5 till its worked so works out quite expensive xxx

swgrl09
30-01-13, 13:39
Acupuncture helped me too at one point. I went 6 times, but like you, couldn't afford it often.

skoosh1
30-01-13, 13:48
I've suffered tension headaches for about 14 years now on a daily basis and find no painkillers work apart from syndol which makes me drowsy so I usually take camomile tea and a hot bath and also use a lavender wheat bag on my neck which helps relax the neck muscles. It is a pain but I have learnt now to live with them.