PDA

View Full Version : It's Back.

Pansy
30-01-13, 13:53
I've been doing so well, had my HA pretty well under control. The odd blip here and there, but nothing I couldn't deal with.

All of a sudden I am getting hung up on my heart and heart attacks. I've been getting random aches and pains in my elbows and arms, discomfort in my upper back, tightness in my chest now and again, nothing specific and not hurting enough to stop doing what I'm doing. But of course when this happens 'I'm definitely having a heart attack' and I get really frightened. I've tried to talk myself out of it but that doesn't work anymore. Why are we all so obssessed with our hearts?

As I'm writing this I am thinking how daft I sound, but it is so real and it's begining to make me miserable again. After years of HA causing me depression I thought I had it beat.

Oh dear, I am trying not moan..........I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway thanks for listening and I hope everyone out there manages to beat this stupid thing that has taken over our lives.

Hellsbells1977
30-01-13, 17:46
You've just described my current symptoms! I wish I had an answer for you, but didn't want to leave without posting a comment... hopefully someone will comment and re-assure us both :D

sjlb
30-01-13, 20:37
I'm not sure I can reassure you, but I can say that I have similar issues and they have come back with a vengeance in the last few days. All I can do is think that if I have been feeling like this for hours every evening and nothing bad has actually happened! I had CBT a couple of years back and it really helped. I know that I am really tired and run down at the moment due to being very busy at work and not sleeping enough and that always makes things worse. Sorry I can't reassure anyone, other than to say we all have these issues and we are not alone!

Pansy
31-01-13, 09:22
Sorry you are both in the same situation...........but it is comforting to know you aren't alone with this.

Feeling a bit better this morning. I have thought quite a bit about it and read some of the success stories and other posts, which is quite helpful.

I realised I have been really busy with no time to myself, I am really tired. Also I have not been eating properly, and what I have eaten is rubbish so this is not going to help.

Does anyone else find that if they eat, relax and sleep properly their anxiety is more manageable? I definitely do. Unfortuneatly with my life at the moment I am struggling to do any of those things. I should be selfish and take time out for myself, but I have family committments and can't stand the thought of confrontation with them because I am doing something that doesn't suit other people.

Thanks again for listening, this MB is a godsend, I feel safe when I am on here.