PDA

View Full Version : Hyper sensitive skin and lightheaded - Worried

WorriedBloke
30-01-13, 14:21
Hi there.
I am suffering with what I can only describe as hyper sensitive skin. I have had this problem for a few years but only in one area (scalp or arm) at a time and only for a day or so. I put it down to my anxiety.

It feels like it's burning and feels very sore. It is extremely sensitive to touch. So much so that clothing is really uncomfortable. However it's sore with clothes on or not. It's a strange feeling - it almost feels tingly too (kind of electric) and it makes me want to move constantly.

However a week ago I started to get the sensitivity in huge areas of my body. Right now I have it all over the front of both my arms, my left shoulder and my left leg.

A few months ago I started having numbness on the front of my right thigh and accompanying that the same sort of sensitive skin sensation. I still have that now - it has never gone. My GP thought it was likely a trapped nerve.

On top of that the last few days I have become very lightheaded - all day long.

I'm hoping this is just anxiety related but I am REALLY scared that it's something worse like a tumor or MS or some brain disease.

I saw a doctor today and she said that it may be due to some deficiency so I am going for blood tests a week on Friday.

She thinks the lightheadedness is unrelated and probably due to sinus issues I currently have but I my sinus's are a lot better this week after being prescribed some nasal spray.

Does anyone else get these symptoms? I really need to know that I'm not alone with this.

Thanks for reading.

countrygirl
30-01-13, 19:40
Well I have had the what i call Tender skin issue for over 30 years. It can affect any part of my body and I mean anywhere. With me it feels like I should be getting shingles as the skin is hyper sensitive to touch as you say plus I get tingling itching and sudden sharp stinging pains. This lasts with me no more than 48 hrs and then goes away totally. I find I get the attacks many times over a month or so but then can go away for months as well.

I have asked lots of Drs about this including neurologists and had many brain mri's to rule out anything neuro.

It is one of the anxiety symptoms just like twitching is.

No Dr has even been able to give me a def reason - they all call it peripheral neuritis which is a description not a diagnosis!

If you find out any more then please let me know as I would also like to know what it is. Remember that light headed ness is also an anxiety symptom due to tight neck muscles.

Poopsi
30-01-13, 21:41
I have hypersensitive skin now, all over my arms, legs, back, and stomach! Whenever it's touched in a certain way it tingles! I've had blood work, a clinical exam, an an EMG, all came back normal! My dr said its all related to anxiety! I'm trying my hardest to believe that! Just so u know, I guess it can be a symptom

TotallyBonkers
30-01-13, 21:48
Hi Worriedbloke, you are not alone at all. The skin issue that you describe is something I too have suffered from, and in my case it was a direct result of the anxiety, the neck and shoulder thing too can also be related as with anxiety you tense your muscles without realising which can then lead to pain or even trapped nerves etc, the lightheadedness can be sinus, but also stress and anxiety can also cause this too, I would trust what your doctor says, as they know a lot more about it than someone untrained in medical profession, but honestly I do not think it is something that you shoud lose sleep over, as I am sure it will settle down as your anxiety settles down.

Pipkin
16-08-13, 23:02
I know this is an old thread but does anyone else suffer from this? I've had it for years - it comes and goes but I've no idea what triggers it. It would be interesting to compare notes.

Pip