PDA

View Full Version : One virus after another in last 9 months

countrygirl
30-01-13, 19:43
I know last year was a bad year for coughs and colds but I have had alot of both of them since June last year. I only see to be okay for a month of so then get another one!!

I normally only get one or two colds/coughs a year.

I have also had a cold sore with every virus as well.

I have had two full blood counts, one 8 weeks ago and another last week that were both normal.

I am dithering about going to GP about all my viruses as its worrying me why I am getting so many but wondered if anyone else has had a bad time with one after the other.

Ella13
30-01-13, 20:23
Hiya, it will probably be your sinuses causing all these viruses I get an infection at least once a month, and it lasts for at least a week! I also get a lot of ulcers in my mouth with an infection.

Have you been checked for your sinuses?

countrygirl
30-01-13, 20:29
I have severe allergy to house dust mite so always wake up bunged up in the mornings and cough alot anyway so its hard to tell whats new, I have lived with this all my life. I will see the Dr and maybe ask if I can try nasal spray to see if anything improves.

I did have sinus issue in Dec as for a week I have nasty coloured stuff from one nostril but felt fine and it stopped after week and not had the nasty stuff since.

Ella13
30-01-13, 21:23
Ah well it might be the dust clogging up your sinuses then then it spreads like wildfire!! Ive posted about this before but try adding apple cider vinegar to your diet, I drink 2 tbsps in orange juice in a morning and then just one tbsp in water at night. It tastes absolutely disgusting but you get used to it, I'm still getting at least one infection a month but the severity of it is not as bad and it does absolute wonders for the congestion in my nose and chest! Its also supposed to be good for viral infections/flu/health in general.

I also take vitamin C and zinc tablets they also help a bit.

countrygirl
30-01-13, 21:37
I have organic apple cider vinegar!! I tried it once but as you say yukkkk but I will do it again and see if it helps my sinuses.

I hadn't thought of putting it into fruit juice, I had it with water and honey and had to hold my nose and drink it all in one go and then shudder. 3 tbsp a day is quite alot not sure I can manage that!! Will try one am and one pm.

Thanks for all your help.

Ella13
30-01-13, 22:03
Fab!!!! Yeah i took it for a week and gave up originally but you really have to stick to it every day for at least a month for it to start making a difference, but any dosage is better than nothing, you can barely taste in in orange juice, just makes it a bit tangy! (I actually dont mind the taste at all now) Good luck x

fruity
31-01-13, 13:18
HEY COUNTRYGIRL. HOPE I GOT NAME RIGHT. X I,VE HAD A VIRUS FOR 3WEEKS NOW. CHESTY COUGH,BIT OF A SORE THROAT,RUNNY EYES,RUNNY&BUNGD UP NOSE. ON MY CHEST,FLEM,FEEL LIKE I CAN,T BREATH BUT WHEN I GET FLEM UP IT CLEARS A BIT. U NAME IT! & LAST YEAR WAS THE SAME BUT MY CHEST WAS WORSER REALY SORE LIKE NOW & NIGGLY FEELINGS,HURTING. BUT ANYWAY MY DOCTOR LAST YR SAID MY CHEST INSIDE WAS ALL INFLAMED. & I THINK THATS WHAT I,VE GOT NOW BUT IT MAKES ME HAVE MY ANXIETYS BECAUSE I KEEP THINKING IT,S SOMETHING WORSER. XXXXX DO U KNOW WHAT I MEAN? XXX :bighug1:

MissSunshine
31-01-13, 14:34
Hi Countrygirl im currently on my second virus of the month which is not normal for me as i normally get a cold/cough twice a year like you but not so soon. I'm trying not to over think things as i know it will set my anxiety off, have you been stressed over the past few months because that lowers your immune system and thats why i get colds around remembered as im always stressed with christmas xx

countrygirl
31-01-13, 17:01
I had alot of stress from July with a very ill mother in law who lived with us and spent until Oct going back and forth to hospital hours drive away every day then had to get her into care home etc etc plus a friend was terminally ill and I had to arrange her funeral and am executor etc so yes things have been a tad stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I was sure I was getting another bug as my throat was dry and felt as if I had swallowed ball bearing that were stuck in voice and loads of gunk pouring down back of nose etc but this morning heaps better although not perfect. I spoke to friend last night who said she felt exactly same , same symptoms and she said we will feel much better tomorrow. She also has had a cough for months as well.

I am trying not to go down the maybe the cough is sign of lung cancer, I have never smoked and in summer when I had bad cough Dr said that it was silly of me to a chest x ray because I have had so many x rays in past and he was certain I did not need one??

TotallyBonkers
31-01-13, 18:45
Hi Ella, I can relate to this completely. A few years back I was getting virus after virus, to the point where I would get over one and be fine for a couple of days and then bang get another one. It really got me down, and eventually after months of suffering went to the doctors, it turned out that due to my anxiety it was affecting my immunity as I was so run down, so basically picking up EVERYTHING. I started to use vitamins and other supplements and also started on tablets for the anxiety, sure enough when they started to work the viruses went away. However now I am back to the beginning again after stupidly taking myself off tablets, so will be getting back on them, hope this info helped.