PDA

View Full Version : I'm pleased to be here!

Gilbertine
30-01-13, 21:18
Hello, my name is Laura and I'm 46 years old. I have suffered from a variety of mental health problems nearly all my life. I have bipolar, borderline personality disorder, GAD and health anxiety. Anxiety is the worst thing for me!

The doctors and psychiatrists have tried many different meds on me over the last 20 something years and most of them have not worked or given me crazy side effects. I've just started pregabalin and so far - it's not doing much at all! I'm still a nervous wreck come evening and compensate by smoking lots of cigarettes.

I don't have a paid job but I work one day a week volunteering in a hospital. I have a son who's 24 and a daughter who is 17. She causes a lot of stress in my life but she is still precious to me.

I have a pet cat called Sooty and he is a very loving friend and companion to me.

I am pleased to be a new member of this forum and look forward to getting to know you all.:yesyes:

nomorepanic
30-01-13, 21:30
Hi Gilbertine

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

almamatters
30-01-13, 21:46
Hi and :welcome: x

Baggs
30-01-13, 22:06
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

missfishlash
30-01-13, 22:09
Hello, and welcome! Its a great site :) hope you find it as helpful as I have

Daisy Sue
30-01-13, 23:46
hi & welcome, Laura :)

Gilbertine
31-01-13, 08:01
:hugs:Thanks everyone for your warm welcome - this looks like a great site and I'm sure it will be very helpful to me.:bighug1:

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:34
hello and welcome. Hope you get as much from the site as i do.