PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

TotallyBonkers
30-01-13, 21:19
Never have been very good at the "introducing yourself" part. I have lots to say, but fall short when it comes to this sort of thing LOL.

So here goes, I am Sam, 34 years old, married and have three wonderful children. Have suffered from anxiety for many, many years, but finally realised it was not GAD, but Health Anxiety.

I drive myself and my husband MAD. I never thought it would be possible to "do your own head in" but it sure is :)

I am also guilty of turning to Google for answers, not because I WANT to hear bad things, but in the hopes that it would offer reassurance, as we all know thats not the case and it ALWAYS makes me feel worse. I try hard to steer clear of it, but low and behold find myself back on it being very choice with the words in the search bar, but still end up finding all sorts of terrible things.

I am a definate Cancer phobic! Funny thing is that I can rationalise with any other person except myself.

I found this site purely by accident, whilst googling things I shouldnt be doing, and boy am I glad to have found it.

I hope to be of help or reassurance to others as I am sure they will be to me, and also meeting a few other likeminded people with HA.

almamatters
30-01-13, 21:21
Hi and :welcome: to the site. Hope you find it as supportive as I do.

Annie0904
30-01-13, 21:27
Hi :welcome:

nomorepanic
30-01-13, 21:30
Hi TotallyBonkers

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Daisy Sue
30-01-13, 23:49
hi Sam, welcome to the forum :)

Baggs
31-01-13, 01:28
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
31-01-13, 19:36
:welcome:to NMP

TotallyBonkers
02-02-13, 21:58
Thanks everyone for the lovely warm welcome

So nice to be amongst other HA sufferers, though in the same breath such a shame that it happens to any of us.

Hope to help others (as it takes my mind off my stupid brain working over time LOL ) and make new friends :)

Mark13
02-02-13, 22:55
Hi Sam and :welcome:

As for consulting Dr. Goggle, ooh no, best not to :)