PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Tomorrow!

AuntieMoosie
30-01-13, 22:13
Oh dear, I had some kind of funny spell this morning which, to cut a long story short, nearly had me collapsed in a heap on the floor:unsure: Luckily I was able to shout loud enough for my partner to hear me and he came and rescued me and got me safely on my bed.

I rang my GP to let her know what had happened and she wants to see me tomorrow to check a couple of things out, she is sooo lovely my GP, she only had one free appointment at 5 PM but it was at their extra surgery and I just couldn't face going right the way there, and in the traffic too, so she has squeezed me in to her morning surgery at the practice which is nearest to me, she really is so kind :)

I'm dreading it though, I hate being at the doctors or hospital but I'm going to have to face it:huh:

Please think of me, I could use some cyber hugs tonight too please :)

almamatters
30-01-13, 22:30
Sending you loads of hugs AuntieMoosie. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

beBRAVE
30-01-13, 22:50
hi im jason, nice to meet you, i dont normally give hugs on a first date :D ill just give you a wink :winks: and say "you will be fine", just think you will be outa there in no time and it will be another step to liking the doctor x

Sparkle1984
30-01-13, 22:50
Good luck for your doctor's appointment! Sending you hugs - :hugs::hugs:

missfishlash
30-01-13, 22:53
What a nice doc
:bighug1:

panickyme
30-01-13, 23:12
Awwww Auntie, I'm sorry you are not feeling well, glad you are going to the Doc's just to make sure everything is alright. Wishing you the best at your appointment, and sending you many hugs, I will be thinking of you. (I have the flu, so I will home all day tomm, and I will check in on you.) :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AuntieMoosie
30-01-13, 23:21
Aww thank you all so much :D

It always makes me feel better if I know people are out there, it's like a problem shared.

Jason you made me laugh.........it's nice to meet you too:):welcome:

I will come in as soon as I can tomorrow to let you all know how it goes :)

Daisy Sue
30-01-13, 23:30
sending you a squishy cyber (((hug))) & good luck at docs tomorrow... hope you're feeling ok now.

Annie0904
31-01-13, 09:38
Big hugs Auntie Moosie thinking about you and hope your appointment goes well today xx

AuntieMoosie
31-01-13, 10:10
Thank you, hugs very gratefully received :hugs:

Well I'm sitting here trying to keep my positive head on...........but I haven't half got the heebie jeebies :wacko: That's the thing with me, it's the anticipation that's always much worse than the actual event!! :huh:

Annie0904
31-01-13, 11:04
What time is your appointment? I know what you mean about the anticipation. I have an ATOS assessment tomorrow morning and a sickness review at work in the afternoon :(

AuntieMoosie
31-01-13, 11:30
My appointment is at 12.15 Annie, I can't wait to get it done and over with.

It is the anticipation that's the worse of it all I think.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs for tomorrow Annie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
31-01-13, 11:45
Not long for you to wait now Auntie Moosie, let us know how you get on xx

Magic
31-01-13, 12:03
Auntie Moosie,
How frightening, I do hope you get on ok at the docs:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tessar
31-01-13, 13:37
good lucky moosssiiieeeeeee:D

AuntieMoosie
31-01-13, 13:42
I'm back :D

My doctor thinks it was low blood pressure that brought on that funny spell yesterday morning. I have to go slow with getting up from sitting or getting up from laying.

My blood pressure is a bit all over the place, so she wants me to have a 24 hour monitor fitted just so as we get true readings. She doesn't think it's a problem though :) she said some people are just like this and even when mine is low, it is still within the normal range, just at the lower end :)

I was very anxious on the way there, but I managed to sit in the waiting room all by myself as my partner was having problems trying to find a parking space!!! The journey home was a lot better for me, so I still think I'm making good and steady progress with CBT4PANIC :D I have to keep reminding myself that this time last year, I wouldn't have even got into a car, let alone go for an appointment, so I am chuffed at the progress I'm making :D

Thank you all so much for your support and hugs, they mean so much :hugs:

Annie0904
31-01-13, 13:46
Auntie Moosie I know what it is like having low blood pressure. Mine is low all the time and I often get dizzy when I stand up and have to remember to do it slowly. That's good that you are getting yours checked for 24 hours. Well done on getting there and back :yesyes: xx

Tessar
31-01-13, 13:57
my partner had a 24hour monitor once. i was quite amusing as it set itself off in the night. had to laugh. also she wore in at work. i think in an open plan office i would feel rather a twerp!!! but in the inertests of health & fitness these things have to be done!!!!

Magic
31-01-13, 14:36
Well done AuntieMoosie, Hope your blood pressure monitor readings work out ok.
xx:hugs:

quinnell
31-01-13, 19:04
good luck girl we be with you xxxx

flossie
01-02-13, 10:03
I am so pleased that all seems to be OK. Well done for keeping the appointment and sitting on your own too.

(My neighbour had a 24 hour heart monitor, her husband suggested they nip upstairs to test it out, they are both nearing 80 :D)

panickyme
01-02-13, 12:58
So proud of you, you did a great job. :yesyes: I am glad you are going to be alright! :hugs:

AuntieMoosie
02-02-13, 01:44
Aww thank you so much my friends :D

Love the funnies that have been said..........I'm going to have to be on my very best behaviour when I've got that monitor fitted, don't want to be giving false readings:winks:.....plus whoever reads the results might know what I've been up too........if you see what I mean :winks::shades:

The nurse rang me today and I'm having it fitted on 14th February.........yeah great.......Valentines Day.........don't think there's going to be too much romance in my house then........I'll forget the sexy clothes too........kind of knocks passion on the head when all you see is wires!!!!! :winks: :roflmao:

Tessar
02-02-13, 08:20
it'll be the noises it makes, they'll make you laugh....