PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cyst - Can this be true?

almamatters
30-01-13, 22:16
I went for an pelvic ultrasound in September and was told I had a simple cyst on my left ovary.
I went for a follow up scan for a unrelated matter last week and mentioned to the sonographer about my cyst.
She had a good look round for it and said it had gone and that it had most probably collapsed!! What does this mean? Would I have got pain while it was happening.? I have never heard of a cyst doing this. I was too terrified to ask the sonographer to be honest. :flowers:

missfishlash
30-01-13, 22:24
Im sure a normal follicle can get a bit bigger than normal and become a small cyst as part of a normal menstrual cycle? I seem to remember being told this when I was having infertility treatment. I had polycystic ovaries, lots of cysts that came and went, so Im sure a simple one could do the same? Im no xprt but I hope that helps a bit :)

nomorepanic
30-01-13, 22:33
I had one cyst back in 2008 and that disappeared on its own and I have one at the moment that they think will just go on its own as well

It is perfectly normal for them to do this

almamatters
30-01-13, 22:36
Thank you both for your replies. Someone told me they don't disappear on their own and I have been wondering about it.

nomorepanic
30-01-13, 22:57
Oh yes they definitely do just go and this is what they hope for so they don't have to treat them surgically etc.

almamatters
30-01-13, 22:59
Thanks Nic that is reassuring.