PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause a lazy eye?

twinflame94
30-01-13, 22:49
Since the past few months with my anxiety, I've noticed my eyes seem off. It was first my left eye, but now it's my right. Can anxiety cause a temporary lazy eye? I do have TMJ, and I have been to the docs. But since it was my first time there, I only told her the major symptoms I've been having and will bring up the smaller ones in a few weeks when I go again. But I wanted to get other people's opinions so I don't freak myself out..

I also apologize for all my other posts, but I am a major over-thinker and I just can't help it. "Yes you can." Not really. I've heard that so many times and it just pisses me off. If I could help it, I really wouldn't have these attacks in the first place...

traciec39
30-01-13, 23:53
Hi there

Im not sure that stress and anxiety could actually cause a lazy eye, thats normally something your born with.
But our eyes are nerves and i know that when im suffering badly with my panic disorder, I get lots of eye symptoms.
I also have a phobia about my eyes and hate an optician even looking in them.
Remember we are too finely tuned into our symptoms and stressing about it makes the symptoms much worse.

You should see an optician if you can just to put your mind at rest honey xx

twinflame94
31-01-13, 00:16
Thank you for your response. I was trying to take pics earlier and my left eye was looking perfectly at the camera, but my right eye was looking a bit up. I took more pics a few minutes ago and if I focus, my eyes are alright. I do wear glasses, so I'll go to the optician when I can. I've just been getting bad neck tension which gives me head and eye pain.. x: