PDA

View Full Version : I'm New! Health Anxiety!

jasonp
31-01-13, 07:48
Well hello everyone,

I'm Jason and I'm new! Firstly I would like to say how glad I am that I came accross this site. I have been reading posts for a while but have finally decided to join today!

I will tell you a bit about my situation. I'm 25 years old and male. At the start of December I suffered a panic attack as I went slightly dizzy and everything mounted up and my work eneded up calling an ambulance for me, it was only after 2 more A and E visits that my doc said I had anxiety and panic attacks. I just always thought there was something wrong and worked myself up into such a frienzy that everything got made worse! I'm sure everyone can relate!

Mine is all health related and I am now on citalopram 20mg for 4 weeks now which is helping slowly but I still get the feeling of constant butterflies and more recently I feel lightheaded / dizzy accompanied with the butterflies feeling. Anyone else the same?!

I hate this as I think it's some underlying condition! Although putting it in perspective I KNOW its not but that dooesn't stop it :(

I know there are so many other people who can relate to this. I have positive moments and then I go back to becoming anxious.

I'm going away on Sunday to New Zealand on my own to visit friends and want so much to enjoy my trip over there and whilst I'm there. I just hope that I will be ok!

My main problem at the moment is the nausea, dizziness and butterflies I feel all the time.

Is this normal?!

I've always been really concious of health related issues and I think this has caused my HA.

anyway it would be great to hear off you guys as I know there is so much support for this.

Jase.

Baggs
31-01-13, 10:29
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

rb1978
31-01-13, 10:34
Hello and welcome. I've suffered with Health Anxiety for years - for me it's mainly dizziness, feeling "unreal", upset stomach and now I've also started with eczema as well. Lucky me.

This site is brilliant for support; I hope you find it useful :)

jasonp
31-01-13, 10:41
Thanks for your replies :)

I have had the unreal feeling the last week or so, like im in my own bubble.

I find if I don't concentrate on my dizziness as much then it goes!

If only I could do that 100 percent of the time!