PDA

View Full Version : 8 days on pregabalin

Gilbertine
31-01-13, 07:57
I'm on 50mg of pregabalin 3 times a day. So far, it's given me lots of energy but come evening I'm really quite on edge. It doesn't really help me sleep - I still get insomnia. Also, I have woken up with panic attacks in the early hours of the morning (twice in a week) and before being put on pregabalin I hadn't had a panic attack for years.

It's only been 8 days so far and am waiting to hear from the psychiatrist who should be monitoring me. I really want to continue with this medication because, like many of you, it's my last resort.:shades::bighug1:

Tufty
31-01-13, 22:29
Hello, it's nice to hear from another Pregabalin user. I started just 4 days ago and have had a similar experience to you so far, however I was experiencing panic attacks and the Pregabalin has reduced these dramatically.

I too get a bit edgy during the evening and my sleep hasn't been great. Do you feel any benefits yet? I feel it's helping me already with minimal side effects, so I'll be sticking with it.

Love Sam

hanshan
01-02-13, 02:54
Like some others who post to NMP, I take pregabalin combined with mirtazapine. The mirtazapine is mostly beneficial for sleeping. However, if starting mirtazapine, check your weight as a number of people say it increases their appetite.

Gilbertine
01-02-13, 08:23
I've been on mirtazapine in the past - but it made me too upbeat and I was very in 'your face' also it stimulated me at bed-time too and it would take hours for me to drop off.

I'm having to take extra zopiclone at the moment - but I'd prefer not to rely on it too much.

The benefit of pregabalin that I have felt so far (day 11) - is that I am very focused and get things done - whereas, before taking it, I was a lazy sloth.:yahoo:

hanshan
01-02-13, 09:19
Sounds like the mirtazapine didn't help with sleep, which is why many people take it.

Good news that the pregabalin is having some positive effects. Maybe after a while you can address the sleep issues.

Tufty
01-02-13, 16:41
Not boosting or anything but I've had two great nights sleep now :yahoo:, here's hoping that your insomnia soon goes Gilbert. I am having a few wacky dreams but they're quite funny and not scary, I quite enjoy them.

Day 5 and I too am getting loads more done, I've got more energy and motivation, I'm still having hours of increased anxiety but I guess it's early days and the medication needs to reach a steady state.

You said you don't usually have panic attacks but have had some since starting the Pregabalin, so I was wondering if the Pregabalin has reduced your anxiety at all Gilbert?

Tale care
Sam

Gilbertine
01-02-13, 19:33
Dear Tufty,

I had a good night sleep last night and woke up without feeling panicky - am in a bit of a dreamworld at the moment but so far, no anxiety, today.

Maybe, I'm getting used to this medication now. Hope you continue to do well on pregabalin. I'm just taking it a day at a time at the moment and taking it easy even though I've got bags of energy but there's no point exhausting myself as I believe that in itself can bring on an anxiety attack.:yesyes: