PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do any more.

Eek
31-01-13, 08:20
I'm just about at the end of my rope. I don't know what to do any more I can't keep going like this. My therapy isn't working, my meds aren't working and terrify me to take them anyway. I'm scared all the time, I keep getting new symptoms every day, I'm terrified there is something wrong with me and the doctors have missed something fatal. I can't just get past it all. I still keep sweating every single night, it isn't normal it can't just be hormonal. What is wrong with me? I'm terrified all the time, every minute of every day, this isn't living this is hell. I just want it all to stop so I can get on with my life. But I'm 48 I'm at an age where I'm much more likely to get something bad and the end of my life is getting closer and I'm just to afraid to enjoy what I have left.

Sorry for the rant but I'm really struggling at the moment, I don't know what to do any more.

Daisy Sue
31-01-13, 09:49
hiya.. have you had your hormone levels checked? the sweating every night is absolutely possible, and probable, to be menopausal. i'm going through it too, and have been for years... it's just dragging on and on... i had a one year course of HRT - amazing, no hot flushes - but i hated being on them, so i'm back to the heating up every hour, through the day and night.

if it is menopausal with you, then you could put a lot of symptoms down to it too... it can make you feel poorly, rock your confidence, affect your moods, steal your sleep... it's horrid..

i'd suggest you have a long chat with your gp about it, and do some research about menopause related symptoms, see if you identify with any of it.

pinkprincess
31-01-13, 09:55
Hi Eek,

so sorry to hear your feeling bad,,

I'm not a doctor but i do know that alot of anxiety can cause hormonal symptoms like night sweats, I think you have got your body into a massive anxious state worrying about them, try to take the non worry approach just for say 3 nights, if you have a night sweat just get up have a drink and go back to bed, see if not worrying helps, try to ignore the symptom. the doctor knows about them so they aren't immediately life threatening that day,

Also do you think the medication you was on could of done this maybe? I use to take escitalopram and i think it was fantastic for health anxiety, maybe you need to try a new medication.

You need to be as strong as you can and if you still feel bad then get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. also ask to heck all your vit levels like D,B12 folate etc. It could be something minor.