PDA

View Full Version : scared about my hip, please read

chloevictoria
31-01-13, 08:52
When it was snowy in england for a week or so, I wore my ugg boots which don't really give much support to my feet and I walk kind of funny in them. Within a few days of wearing them my hip started to intermittently hurt a bit.. Then it started getting more frequent but the severity of the pain remained the same. When I was about 7 I had excruiating hip pain and was told I had 'irritable hip syndrome' but that disapppeared quite fast.

Last week I did some yoga and it seemed to get better, it only gets worse when I move it in a certain way and does not hurt when I sit down or don't move

I googled and I'm convinced I have the c word in my hip as I can't actually pinpoint where the pain is and if its in the joint or not. Does anyone know how severe the symptoms would be if its that???

TotallyBonkers
31-01-13, 16:58
Hi Chloe, I would highly doubt it being Cancer, especially when the hip problem started during the cold weather we had and all that snow. The fact your boots did not give much support can mean that you have put added strain in the muscles around your hip and we all do that when we walk in snow, its something our body does without us even realising as a prevention against slipping in it.

Have you taken any painkillers and if so do you find it settles down? A hot bath can help too, along with a heat pad on the hip to help soothe it.

If it doesnt settle down with these measures then nip to the doctors and just get them to check for you, I really dont think it would be anything as nasty as cancer, but if you are really worried about it, it doesnt hurt to see the gp and get some reassurance, and be told what it actually is (more than likely something really simple)

Google is terrible, it always pulls up the worse case scenario first, and for us HA sufferers we then almost fixate on the worse possible thing and rule out anything else that is much more likely, I hope you feel better soon.

Annie0904
31-01-13, 17:03
I totally agree that it will be a combination of the cold weather and the fact that the boots didn't give much support. I think you really answered your question yourself when you said that. I have had terrible back pain since walking in the snow (and clearing snow!) and wondered why then realised what I had done. Muscles soon start to ache when we use them in ways we are not used to. A heat pad will help. I hope it starts to feel better soon :hugs: